Which 65" OLED

I have messaged him and hope he gets back to me. Obviously he is on a 3 day bender lol

The 820 is really good had no faults. I had ub420 before i got the sony as i have a fz802. I brought a sony 700 player and kept it a day after freezing twice in 3 films. The optimizer on the 820 is good and i also use the hdr settings for day and night viewing. I paid £240 in j lewis they are stopping selling players so they were selling them off.
That's a great price... freezing has also happened on my ubx800 but cos no display doesn't tell me anything so had to turn off from mains .. pain in the backside.. I'll look for an 820 I think..
Thanks

I know j lewis in bristol had 2 left. Might be worth a call or swindon outlet had a couple

I can’t wait,
The blacks on my Samsung are so bad i had kinda fallen out of love with films.

Can’t wait to revisit my collection all over again.
You're in for a treat then as I had 2 kuros.. now 1 ...which were both voltage tweaked so blacks were black .. stunning picture but the blacks were pure and colours popped more on the oled... bet you can't wait...

You're in for a treat then as I had 2 kuros.. now 1 ...which were both voltage tweaked so blacks were black .. stunning picture but the blacks were pure and colours popped more on the oled... bet you can't wait...
I can’t, I’ve wanted an Oled for years.

I can’t, I’ve wanted an Oled for years.
Glad you got it... be great... although I'm horror film mad the marvel films like thor ragnorok look insane in 4khdr... especially on a 65inch screen.. now you'll be scouring shops and ebay for 4khdr blurays spending a fortune.. congrats...:facepalm:

Glad you got it... be great... although I'm horror film mad the marvel films like thor ragnorok look insane in 4khdr... especially on a 65inch screen.. now you'll be scouring shops and ebay for 4khdr blurays spending a fortune.. congrats...:facepalm:
I’m going to be more sensible this time and only buy my absolute favourites on 4K blu ray

I’m going to be more sensible this time and only buy my absolute favourites on 4K blu ray
Wise choice... however not all 4ks are better than the 1080p... Halloween 1978 ....35th anniversary 1080p is no different to the 4k release.. in fact I think its more solid.. got the thing coming soon another one I've bought too many times.. however if Aliens comes out on 4k it's mine... new films I try and get on 4k can get silly as I replaced all my dvd catalogue with bluray not doing the same to 4k... not so much the 4k but the hdr makes a difference.. especially with an oled.. :smashin:

I had basically stopped buying blu rays and was happy to just stream to my old kuro untill i went oled amd got a new player. I find im double dipping all the time lately jaws and alien are just stunning.

I had basically stopped buying blu rays and was happy to just stream to my old kuro untill i went oled amd got a new player. I find im double dipping all the time lately jaws and alien are just stunning.
The matrix will be first on my list

He is happy to sell to you £100 plus postage. He is back tues so i can get pictures then

Alien looked really good... did a great job with that... I know Aliens was good on 1080p but intrigued to see it on 4k... one of my fav films of all time..

Pioneer krp 3 yrs ago then changed to an ez952 55 inch when I changed my den around... there's so much impact on the larger screen and not too big which I was worrying about.. I sit about 6.5 feet from the screen in my den.. wife and I will be watching a film shortly ... :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20210918_214524.jpg
    20210918_214524.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 28
Pioneer krp 3 yrs ago then changed to an ez952 55 inch when I changed my den around... there's so much impact on the larger screen and not too big which I was worrying about.. I sit about 6.5 feet from the screen in my den.. wife and I will be watching a film shortly ... :thumbsup:
That’s a great looking set up.
How does it compare to the ez952?

That’s a great looking set up.
How does it compare to the ez952?
Thanks...
I got a wooden workshop/shed years ago and added on to it.. insulated boarded and converted it all.. in building trade (decorator) then built all the units etc..
Got fed up of kids keep bringing friends over to watch films in front room and by time they were teens were taking over back room too..so weren't allowed in there as my space.. young adults now
And then could do decor how I liked and got a bit hooked on collecting original film posters of my favourites.. and have a candycab arcade machine with classics like street fighter 2 , final fight etc which I pumped my money into when I was a kid..
Mates still come over and play the games were in our 40s now.. lol..

Anyways... compared to the ez... being the size 1st was the main thing... but pic quality is a step up not a huge amount at 1st but when it's tweaked about notice it's brighter and the motion on movies is the main difference... so much smoother ... more plasma, crt like... and although watched thor ragnorok on the ez couple wks ago with wife and nephew it looked even better more detailed almost 3d effect like you could touch the characters..
Great tv picture is amazing but I'm not that impressed with the atmos sound tbh but I'm not interested in that as have a dedicated setup... in our tv room we have a 13yr old pioneer with the side speaker bars which I built into the side cabinets and the sound from them are probably better IMHO...

Panasonic flagship screen this year can be had without the sound setup as it can save about 4 to 500 quid between the jz1500 and jz2000... but they're new models so alot more... saying that I got my hz2000 for a great price...

Sorry for the essay.. :facepalm:

Thanks...
I got a wooden workshop/shed years ago and added on to it.. insulated boarded and converted it all.. in building trade (decorator) then built all the units etc..
Got fed up of kids keep bringing friends over to watch films in front room and by time they were teens were taking over back room too..so weren't allowed in there as my space.. young adults now
And then could do decor how I liked and got a bit hooked on collecting original film posters of my favourites.. and have a candycab arcade machine with classics like street fighter 2 , final fight etc which I pumped my money into when I was a kid..
Mates still come over and play the games were in our 40s now.. lol..

Anyways... compared to the ez... being the size 1st was the main thing... but pic quality is a step up not a huge amount at 1st but when it's tweaked about notice it's brighter and the motion on movies is the main difference... so much smoother ... more plasma, crt like... and although watched thor ragnorok on the ez couple wks ago with wife and nephew it looked even better more detailed almost 3d effect like you could touch the characters..
Great tv picture is amazing but I'm not that impressed with the atmos sound tbh but I'm not interested in that as have a dedicated setup... in our tv room we have a 13yr old pioneer with the side speaker bars which I built into the side cabinets and the sound from them are probably better IMHO...

Panasonic flagship screen this year can be had without the sound setup as it can save about 4 to 500 quid between the jz1500 and jz2000... but they're new models so alot more... saying that I got my hz2000 for a great price...

Sorry for the essay.. :facepalm:
Lol sounds very similar to me, I’m mad about retro games and built my own arcade machine in the past.

We have a dedicated snug now for our tv and surround sound, just got to kick my teenage son and his mates out of there .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom