Which 65" OLED

MilanoChris

I'm looking to replace my B7 with a new model for improved eARC, HDMI 2.1 etc. I'm looking up to £2k but if as an example the OLED65CX5LB is up to the job at £1,667 then I'll get that.

I don't care about apps, I use an Apple TV, but wouldn't mind a user friendly OS for accessing the settings menu to calibrate the TV. With that said I am looking to move away from Sky and if the in built TV app can do Freeview series link, record, rewind etc that's a bonus. If not I may look at getting a Freesat box.

Main use is movies, TV series and Rugby Union plus football. Sound wise it will be passed to an external AV amp and possibly a Sonos ARC.

My current B7 is calibrated and does look stunning so I'll probably look to get the new one calibrated too. Also I'm going to wall mount it if that makes any difference.

I'll be hoping to keep the TV long term so if there's something on the horizon worth waiting for, or equally worth spending more on then please let me know.

Thanks

CliffordinWales

2021's LG C1 isn't much of an upgrade on 2020's CX. The new version of WebOS features All4 and My5 catch-up services, missing from last year's model, but the new OS takes up the whole screen with ads and random content recommendations rather than the less obtrusive bar at the bottom which LG owners are familiar with.

The other major addition to the C1 is the Game Optimiser feature, which allows you to see / tweak various settings in-game, but if you don't have one of the new consoles you probably won't be bothered by that.

The main picture quality performance metrics - peak brightness, motion etc - are similar to last year's model.

MilanoChris

Thanks, so the CX seems a fairly safe bet then for my uses? I won't be hooking up a games console to it as a) I mainly play games on my PC, b) I'm massively paranoid about screen burn and c) I'll likely get an LCD TV for a games room in a spare bedroom to plug my old PS4 and Xbox One X in for the occasional console only games I play.

GingerRocky

can you sideload apps into the android os on lg c1? i've bought one today and looking to ditch my firecube if i can.

mikeysthoughts

Thanks, so the CX seems a fairly safe bet then for my uses? I won't be hooking up a games console to it as a) I mainly play games on my PC, b) I'm massively paranoid about screen burn and c) I'll likely get an LCD TV for a games room in a spare bedroom to plug my old PS4 and Xbox One X in for the occasional console only games I play.
It's worth familiarising yourself with the eARC issues being noted by LG owners before taking the plunge. Also be sure that the lack of DTS won't be an issue for you.

fitzybhoy25

I'm looking to replace my B7 with a new model for improved eARC, HDMI 2.1 etc. I'm looking up to £2k but if as an example the OLED65CX5LB is up to the job at £1,667 then I'll get that.

I don't care about apps, I use an Apple TV, but wouldn't mind a user friendly OS for accessing the settings menu to calibrate the TV. With that said I am looking to move away from Sky and if the in built TV app can do Freeview series link, record, rewind etc that's a bonus. If not I may look at getting a Freesat box.

Main use is movies, TV series and Rugby Union plus football. Sound wise it will be passed to an external AV amp and possibly a Sonos ARC.

My current B7 is calibrated and does look stunning so I'll probably look to get the new one calibrated too. Also I'm going to wall mount it if that makes any difference.

I'll be hoping to keep the TV long term so if there's something on the horizon worth waiting for, or equally worth spending more on then please let me know.

Thanks
If you're looking at the LG CX 65", AO has it in stock and if you use the code LGTV5 you get 5% off. Takes it to sub 1600. This only valid for a few more days.

MilanoChris

It's worth familiarising yourself with the eARC issues being noted by LG owners before taking the plunge. Also be sure that the lack of DTS won't be an issue for you.
I thought the eARC issues are fixed with this model?
If you're looking at the LG CX 65", AO has it in stock and if you use the code LGTV5 you get 5% off. Takes it to sub 1600. This only valid for a few more days.
Thanks, I won't be ordering just yet as we are about to move house (exchanging any day now) and I was wanting to wait until we've moved.

GingerRocky

i rec'd mine yesterday, 65 CX. brilliant picture and its really responsive compared to my 55 sony its replaced. still learning how to use it, crystal pic on the expert preset i have to say.

i have my ps5 hooked up to hdmi 3, firecube in 1 and soundbar connected to earc and sounds great. not sure if thats the 100% right way to do it but soundbar works, i did set sound putput to arc and bobs your uncle.

really like the slickness and speed of the menus and home page, seems crisp. will test with football from friday but cracking tv.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
It's good with football. The ball doesn't disappear when they long ball it up the pitch.

MilanoChris

Pretty much set on the CX from John Lewis with their extended warranty which comes in over £1200 cheaper than the C1. Unless someone can convince me otherwise? Maybe another brand which does support eARC?

martin 39

I have the 65 a8 sony very good all round tv for sport and film. Costci have dropped the 55 to under a grand so i would expect the 65 to drop in price to

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom