Which 65 inch 4k

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am looking to buy the above TV and have approx £2,000 to spend. I was looking at the lg 65 860v but everywhere seems to be out of stock including richer sounds it seems can't even order one. Also interested in the Sony kd65x8509c.

I have been looking for a few weeks and can't seem to make my mind up. I was looking at the Samsung 60 inch that is on special at Costco but would like the option of 3d now and again.

Can anyone recommend a TV?

I was in the same position a couple of weeks back after returning my 55 oled.

I wanted the best 65 inch 4k tv for 2k and I opted for the Sony KD65S9005. The only problem is it is a 2014 model and will not support HDR. Other than that it's a bargin at 2 grand.

Thanks. Think I might have to go down to 55 inch. Didn't realise it's nearly 1k more for an extra 10 inches. Not sure it's worth it. Will just have to sit closer.

I'm in the same position. Looking for a 65" 4K LED TV with £1200-2200 to spend and don't want it curved!

There's so many out there now from Panny, Sony, LG and Samsung.

I'm upgrading from a Pioneer Kuro 5090 so I don't want to be disappointed in terms of picture quality!

I was looking at the Panasonic 65AX902B initially as seemed a logical step from the Kuro...

I'm in the same boat. My 50"pioneer plasma has just gone wrong and I'm gutted so now looking for a replacement and figure might as well get a 65. Had a wee look at the 60 incher Samsung on offer in Costco(lakeside) today. The TV was way too high up on display to get a decent look at and it looked like it was set up all wrong . Was heaving in their so no staff around and no remote to play with. Leaning towards the SONY KD65X8509CBU I think, they also had the non 4k Sony 65 incher in Costco too but no video feed to really see how it was which was a shame.
If i had the money I'd really be choosing the latest 65 " Panasonic 802b but 3k is just too much

Last edited:
I'm in the same position. Looking for a 65" 4K LED TV with £1200-2200 to spend and don't want it curved!

There's so many out there now from Panny, Sony, LG and Samsung.

I'm upgrading from a Pioneer Kuro 5090 so I don't want to be disappointed in terms of picture quality!

I was looking at the Panasonic 65AX902B initially as seemed a logical step from the Kuro...
Spooky. I'm upgrading from a 5090 too! I love the lg interface. Not sure why the 65 inch 860v is not available at a lot of places. Guess it's just very popular. It's either the 55 inch lg 860v or 55 or 65 Sony x85c for me. I also like the Samsung 60 inch UE60JU6800 at Costco but won't have the cash until the offer finishes. I would sacrifice the 3d for the picture quality.

I was in the same position a couple of weeks back after returning my 55 oled.

I wanted the best 65 inch 4k tv for 2k and I opted for the Sony KD65S9005. The only problem is it is a 2014 model and will not support HDR. Other than that it's a bargin at 2 grand.

Thanks but I don't like curved ones.

I have a Yamaha htr2866 receiver that has 4k pass through will I need a new receiver that does arc etc? My receiver is a few years old. Thanks.

I've just ordered a Hisense K700 from said supplier, ordered a few days ago. Up to 14 days delivery time. Spent a while looking at various makes/models, took a gamble on the Hisense due to cost vs spec, seems alot on offer for much less £'s than the big names. Will report back once its been tried and tested...

I've just ordered a Hisense K700 from said supplier, ordered a few days ago. Up to 14 days delivery time. Spent a while looking at various makes/models, took a gamble on the Hisense due to cost vs spec, seems alot on offer for much less £'s than the big names. Will report back once its been tried and tested...

I did the same took a gamble but ordered one over a month ago.
Contacted ME and was told that the earliest the k700 would be delivered to their warehouse was the 12th October,

Regards Martin

Amazing how many of us looking for the same thing.

Been looking for a fair while and just can't seem to find what I want.

I have also ordered the K700 58", I have not heard anything from ME yet, i am a bit worried that they have taken both models down from their website.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom