Which 60-65" under $1300?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Scotth73, Sep 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Scotth73

Scotth73
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all. I have been out of the HT game for almost a decade and I've been overwhelmed tv shopping the past two weeks. I'd like a 60-65" 4k HDR capable tv. Mostly streaming from Netflix and Prime, but some gaming. I'm really just concerned with how movies look. I couldn't care less how Madden looks when playing it. Bestbuy doesn't seem to have much of an idea and like I said I'm overwhelmed with information everywhere else. I searched the forums here for a while as well as the buying guide, but I figured I'd just ask!
    Thanks for any help

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,534
    A lot of people here are UK based and the TV market in Europe is different with brands like Panasonic and Philips that aren't available there (or made by someone else).

Rtings is a reputable North American site and they recommend the Vizio M-series for around your budget:
    Best TVs for watching movies - Summer 2017: Reviews

3. Scotth73

Scotth73
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you. I've looked at the Mseries a bit. It looks like a lot of people like the Samsung U7500 and U8000 models as well. Any Sony recommendations for that price point?

4. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,356
    Can you wait to buy? Historically the best time to buy a TV is either black friday or even better waiting until spring when the new models are released. That will enable you to get a lot more bang for buck compared to buying now.

I would keep an eye on the prices of the Sony 65X900E creeping in to your budget. It really looks like its going to be the best value TV this year. I see already there are refurbs going for £1400 on amazon so come black friday I bet the TV can be had new for near to that price in the US. Come spring I bet it will be even less.

5. Scotth73

Scotth73
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suppose I can wait, I've just been getting the itch. I still have my Sony 60" rear projection! From my experience the black Friday deals are usually mayhem so I typically stay away. May this year I'll get involved. Basically need to buy a new TV before I get married and share finances within the year lol.

6. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,356
    Right now then you are looking at the X850E series then, its still a good TV. Just lacks local dimming and decent HDR.