• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

which 55inch for Netflix?!

nickvas19

Novice Member
Hello there.

I am just wondering which is the best direct led smart tv and why!
1)TCL 55EP680
2)LG 55UN74006LB or 3LB
3)Hisense H55A6100

4)LG 55UM7610

I don't know much for tcl or hisense. So any detail will be a help. Should I prefer lg about warranty?! Also I am interesting about viewing angles.

any thoughts?!

thanx

tvdavid

Prominent Member
for viewing, angles get the LG but the H55A6100 would be better for movies I think if its a VA.

nickvas19

Novice Member
the Samsung TU8000 is va panel but is qled.

so the qled va panel have better viewing angles from a direct led va panel?! or is the same about?!

Dodgexander

QLED isn't a new display technology like OLED. Its just a way LCD TVs can display colours. The TU8000 could be VA or IPS type.

Direct led makes no difference btw, its no better than edge. I think what you may be thinking is a FALD (Full Array Local Dimming) which is superior, but this is a feature of much more expensive TVs. The cheapest of which will be the Hisense U7Q and U8Q.

From your list the TCL EP680 is an older model than the rest, and should be better value for money because of this. Its also the Highest spec as it comes with a wide colour gamut the other TVs lack (TU8000 Samsung also has wide colour gamut).

Before comparing TVs though, first determine: Which panel type should I choose for my TV?

As different panels are what determines picture quality the most. If you are buying at the moment, consider only a 2019 model TV if you want good value for money, its likely new 2020 models (all you mention apart from the TCL) are overpriced.

LG models at 55" use IPS. TCL and Hisense VA.
Samsung use both types, impossible to know which one until you own the TV.

nickvas19

Novice Member
it helps me a lot! thanx a lot.

So ips panel is the way to go. The picture in the post with the viewing angles helps me a lot

so which lg of the two is the best....um or un?! and why?!

Last edited:

Dodgexander

it helps me a lot! thanx a lot.

So ips panel is the way to go. The picture in the post with the viewing angles helps me a lot

so which lg of the two is the best....um or un?! and why?!
UN is just the 2020 version of UM. You may find 2019 models hard to find now, but the 2020 ones may also be priced on the high side as they've only just been released.

Sony models at 55" are also IPS, if you are interested in those.

LG 2019 number scheme will be: 55UMxxxx (where x dictates a random digit)
and with Sony: 55XG70xx or 55XG80xx or 55XG81xx

In 2020 the same are LG: 55UNxxxx and Sony 55X7xxx or 55XH80xx or 55XH81xx

Dodgexander

What 55” LED VA would you recommend with a budget of £800 max?
2019 models like the Sony 55XF9005 or 55XG9505 if you can find one. Otherwise wait for the newer models to come down in price, they are too expensive right now.

Only TV that isn't ridiculously overpriced from 2020 lines is the new Hisense U8Q, so if you don't want to wait, that is the model to go for.

chezkeightley

Standard Member
2019 models like the Sony 55XF9005 or 55XG9505 if you can find one. Otherwise wait for the newer models to come down in price, they are too expensive right now.

Only TV that isn't ridiculously overpriced from 2020 lines is the new Hisense U8Q, so if you don't want to wait, that is the model to go for.
Cheers for taking the time to reply. What are hisense like as a brand? What is the user experience like?

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
Cheers for taking the time to reply. What are hisense like as a brand? What is the user experience like?

I really didn't like the hisense operating system and ours became faulty in less than two years. Although credit to Hisense they provided a store credit in less than a day! Not sure I'd risk another.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom