Which 55" ?

tobmob

Novice Member
Reaction score
Currently have a Samsung UE46ES8000 in the lounge - very happy with it generally

We are moving house soon and are considering getting a 55 inch tv for the lounge

We paid around £1600 for the 46 in 2012

I'm hoping to get something at least as good, cheaper.................around the £1k mark would be ideal. Is this feasible? Have things progressed in the past couple of years and also reduced in price?

I've seen the Samsung UE55F6740 at around that price, does it compare to the ES?

Will be wall mounted with sonos sound bar and sub

If it's not as good, is there anything out there that is for my budget?

TIA

Probably not, the 8000 series is the flagship LED, the 6 series 2 levels below, although it won't be a bad TV

55 equivalent from 2013, the F8000 is still around £1500 and in process of being replaced. TVs haven't got much cheaper since a year or so ago, nor have LEDs got that much better, sorry

This was about the best LED last year, but still £1200, from Currys, only a year warranty

Buy SONY BRAVIA KDL55W905 Smart 3D 55" LED TV | Free Delivery | Currys

Best bet is to look into the Samsung U8550 Ultra High Def TV. You'll pay a couple hundred more than the F8000 or the new 2014 H8000 curved LED, but in my opinion, it's well worth it. The upscaling is amazing and with the One Connect Box, you'll never be without the current inputs or Smart features.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom