Which 55 to 60in TV to go for LG, Samsung or Panasonic Plasma

no1silverfox

Standard Member
Hi

I am completely undecidered on what TV to purchase????
I have a budget of upto £1800
Looking at the Samsung 55D6530 or LG 55LW550T
But I currently have a panasonic Viera 42 Plasma and its been and still is a good TV
Dont play many games but would like the option.
3D passive or active shutter. This is not my biggest priority.
What a good crisp picture with plenty of depth in colour. Good refresh rate to handle games and option to access the internet
Would appreciate any advice?

kennyisgod

In the same postition as yourself mate!

I would include on your list the LG 60PZ950, Samsung PS59D6900, LG 60PK590 and Sony Bravia KDL-60EX703.

I ve spent literally hours surfing the net, reading reviews and finding the cheapest deals. To be honest i'm like yourself bamboozled by the choice!

no1silverfox

Standard Member
Thanks for adding to my confusion, The Sony is a good offer at the moment due to a trade in price. The LG 60PX990 is the flagship but a little pricey.

Hope someone can help us by giving some good technical advice.

Hoping to Purchase in next 3 weeks, come on everyone would love to hear what TV's you have and rate them

stegalv

i have a panny 50" and wanted to upgrade to a 60" ,iv'e been looking around for a few months and no nearer deciding.the more i read about all the problems with tv's the more it puts me off upgrading.
and the longer i've waited the more doubt i have about the difference in cost between 50" and 60", is it worth the 6 to 800 quid difference.

vipers12

Standard Member
i had exactly the same problems as u guys,but in the end i went for the samsung 55d6530 got it 3 days ago and all i have to say is amazing in everyway

kennyisgod

The problem i ve got is 'information overload'. There is so much advice, so many reviews of so many different tv's that you end up with brain freeze. Active or passive 3D? Plasma or LED? Then theres the problem of so many different versions of said tv's, most of the time with minor differences.

I dont want wifi or access to the internet just a big tv that when i watch SkyHD or BluRay's i get a fantastic picture.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom