1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 50" Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by ajkean, Nov 9, 2004.

1. ajkean

ajkean
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to all. I'm brand new here and have been researching the last 2 weeks to find out the best 50" plasma panel to buy. I'd be very grateful for any info, either from owners, or those 'in-the-know' regarding 50" plasma's.

I like the look of the Fujitsu P50XHA30ES

Whatever I get will be running with Sky+ and DVD from a Denon DVD 2800. Sound is from a Denon AVC 10SE.

I fear buying a unit then finding out I should have bought the other one!!! I just don't want to have any regrets.. All info very gratefully received.

Ash

2. Maninblack

Maninblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have this screen, but using a scaler. What are you intereted in particularly?

3. ajkean

ajkean
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. I don't know what a scaler is??? I want the panel for watching movies (DVD) and ordinary TV. I'm new to Plasma's hence my request for info here. Like I said, I just want to make sure I buy a good panel and not one that I'll regret buying in a few weeks time.

Ash

4. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have had the 50inch Viera for about two months now. Very convenient in terms of just wanting to put it on to watch pedestrian programmes like the news or soaps. So when family or friends are staying, they can turn it on and off without having to have a crash course in audio visual connectivity and functionality, and I can use HiFi linked sound when I need it. Very pleased with it and the wife loves it.

The only thing I would add is that I still prefer to watch DVDs on my projector system. So for me the total surround sound experience is not so critical with the plasma setup.

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    The usual decision needs to be made, do you go integrated TV or monitor only panel. How many sources, and do you have an AV amp?