Which 50" Plasma?

jpheber2

Standard Member
Reaction score
i am looking for a 1080p, 50"(+) plasma with very deep black levels and accurate color.

a decent amount of settings would be nice (but not an absolute must, if it is a high quality tv). connectivity does not appear to be an issue with tvs of the size and price level that i am interested(i don't really need much anyway), i am not really interested in internet widgets, i am not very concerned with very high refresh rate (i find the "motion blur" of very high refresh rate nauseating) and 3D technology is not especially appealing to me.

i was interested in the kuro (who isn't?) but i find them too expensive. so i am looking for a similar quality (or as close as possible) model for ~$800.
I briefly considered the Viera G10, but i read about the problems with black levels over the course of the tv's life :-(

i am hoping to spend +/- $800. I would really be interested if is <$800, but i don't think thats going to happen, so i am ok with ~$800. I am, however, willing to consider >$800 tvs, 800 is just a starting point.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

i have been looking at samsung b650 and viera v10
but i found the panasonic too $$$ and the samsung was not quite what i am looking for.
i would really appreciate ANY suggestions, thank you :)

Have a nosey at the LG 50PK590 :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom