1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 50" plasma is the best?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by continuity, Dec 28, 2003.

1. continuity

continuity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of getting a 50" plasma. Right now three options seems to be available:
    - Pioneer 504
    - Panasonic 50PHW6
    - Fujitsu P50XHA1

The only model I saw by myself is the Pio and I didn't like the blacks so its a no go for me.
    So what do you think about the Panny and Fujitsu models? I think the Fuji is more expensive but in the first place I'm looking for best quality regardless of the price.
    Did anybody managed to compare them side by side. So far I only read reviews and the reviewer tend to favour the Pana.

Thanks MH

2. Stephen Wilde

Stephen Wilde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    I saw Fuji and old Pioneer side by side. Fuji looked best so I went for that. Very pleased so far but you need to ensure best possible input signal. New Pioneers look as good as the Fuji but new Fujis are due anytime now so maybe best to wait. Panasonic get all the best reviews but those I have seen have a slight flicker which I found irritating and picture never seemed as bright and clear as Fuji.
    Can't explain why Fuji reviews are never enthusiastic. Perhaps there are fashions and prejudices amongst reviewers.
    I notice that the tv programme What Not To Wear uses Fuji to watch the victims. Would have thought the professionals would know what to go for!

3. BKATZ

BKATZ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you look back a few pages, the "Pio/Pana" thread will be of some help.(I hope?)

B:)