1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which 5.1 setup to go with denon1905?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Ciqala, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Ciqala

Ciqala

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    having bought a pj (h30a) i now have upgradeitus.

looking to replace my denon avf100 all in one with the denon 1905 and a pioneer 575 but the nxt speakers i have currently are a bit weedy for the power the 1905 puts out.

can anyone recommend a 5.1 system to match the 1905. primary function is movies but also some hip hop music from time to time.

budget is only a couple of hundred quid (£200 -> £500 tops) as i've spent loads lately.

i'd prefer proper speakers rather than little satellites. the room its going into is 10' wide by 14' long if that helps.

any help or even a nudge in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

cheers
    Ciq.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  3. scooby l

scooby l

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My lounge is 14' by 12'

I bought some Monitor Audio Silver Series 2nd hand off the for sale section. (£675 for 2 S8i's, 2 S3i's and an S10i centre), along with my existing X12 sub.

The 1905 runs them very well. Sometimes a bit bright, but movies are awesome.

OR

Acoustic Energy are currently selling their AEsprit cinema surround speakers for a huge saving (£120 a pair for 309's etc) it's discontinued stock and only available in maple, but is cheaper than the award winning but lower spec Evo's.

4. Ciqala

Ciqala

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the cd-1 with 2x cd100's would give 7.1 which the 1905 handles and comes to £520 which is of course £2 different to the other setup you suggested.

which of these would give best results given the details i mentioned above?

also i'm not familiar with canton as a brand, how do they compare to other speakers in this price bracket?

5. scooby l

scooby l

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've just sold my Elac F20 floorstanders, and they look a very similar setup to the Canton's.

The Denon loved these speakers, but you will need an active sub

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    canton are very big in germany and mainland Europe, the CD series is excellent VFM! easyily upgradeable and have very good speaker sub integration for a good looking "lifestyle" system there are dealers that you demo them at (but wont get anywhere near the Froum prices.....)

7. KHCC

KHCC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Mornin'

Have a look at Cabasse, beautiful looking, beautiful sound and excellant build quality. 4 systems to look at, all different styling to suite all needs.

Regards

8. Radg

Radg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ciqala,

The cd-1 with 2x cd100's is all well and good but you will still be stuck with the cd-1 centre which i dont think will integrate well with the beefed up cd100's. if you are going to get the cd100's you would also have to factor in a cost for a cd50 for the centre.

Hornydragons 3xcd50 and 2xcd10 is the best idea. Think i read somewhere that the cd100 is actually a cd50 in a floorstanding case.

Cheers