Question Which 4k UHD players supports Disney+?

Spence0108

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all after looking at reviews for ps5 and seeing it that it apparently doesn't support dolby vision & atmos. If this is to be true I would be looking at buying a 4k UHD player which would support dolby vision & atmos but also have Disney+ on it. Don't want to be spending stupid amounts on it either so any recommendations would be appreciated. TIA

Hi all after looking at reviews for ps5 and seeing it that it apparently doesn't support dolby vision & atmos. If this is to be true I would be looking at buying a 4k UHD player which would support dolby vision & atmos but also have Disney+ on it. Don't want to be spending stupid amounts on it either so any recommendations would be appreciated. TIA
None AFAIK.
Your TV might even have Disney+. My LG has since a recent firmware update.
If not, get a 4K player and an Amazon Fire 4K, currently reduced to £29.99 at the moment in the early Black Friday sales.

Amazon product ASIN B079QB9BD7
You then have a choice from 4 players in the lower to mid price band
Sony X700 or X800M2 and Panasonic UB450 or UB820.

Last edited:
This is what I'm thinking but only dilema I have is that I only have 3 hdmis on my TV. One for my soundbar. 1 will be used for the ps5 so would only leave me with one left
Your going to need a HDMI switch then. Adds to the cost but may be the only way to do it unless you don't mind having to keep on unplugging and plugging in HDMI cables on your only free port.

Alternative is to see if you can get Disney+ on another device and then use miracast, airplay etc to throw it into the TV via Wifi Disney Plus is not mirroring to TV? Here’s what to do

Your going to need a HDMI switch then. Adds to the cost but may be the only way to do it unless you don't mind having to keep on unplugging and plugging in HDMI cables on your only free port.

Alternative is to see if you can get Disney+ on another device and then use miracast, airplay etc to throw it into the TV via Wifi Disney Plus is not mirroring to TV? Here’s what to do
Would I be able to run either the firestick or UHD player through the soundbar without compromising dolby vision or atmos? Panasonic doesn't have Disney+ yet. Hoping they sort this out soon

Would I be able to run either the firestick or UHD player through the soundbar without compromising dolby vision or atmos? Panasonic doesn't have Disney+ yet. Hoping they sort this out soon
What is the soundbar?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom