Which 46"-50" TV?

cfaice

Standard Member
Evening all,

Reading all the threads on various TV's, it's very easy to get overwhelmed with information. I'm fully aware the 2013 models are now entering the market, so is it time to pick up a bargain 2012 model, or do the new features such as quad-core processing warrant the price premium for 2013?

In summary, i'm looking for the following:

• 46" - 50"
  • Smart TV (with Built in WiFi)
  • LED or Plasma
  • Freeview HD
  • Freesat HD (nice to have)

Late last year, I was looking at the Samsung ES8000 series, however after doing some reading up on the forums, it appears Panasonic are more preferable?

Finally, I have up to £1500 to spend.

Thanks in advance!

Ralphy1981

Panasonic GT50 plasma. I've just took delivery of a 50 inch one from John Lewis for £899 but I've seen it cheaper online for £799 so have put in a price match request. Will use the £100 back to buy the entire Bond collection on Blu Ray ! The TV is fantastic by the way.

vickster

Distinguished Member

jdanielp

"We carry a wide range of lines, and the competitor has to have the line actually in stock (rather than available only to order) for us to match the price. For products that we deliver, we ask that the competitor is able to deliver in equivalent timescales to us, and on products that require delivery, we'll take delivery charges into account when comparing prices."

as quoted from the JL website (Never Knowingly Undersold) suggests that the JL online delivery prices could also be price-matched against other online delivery prices?

vickster

Distinguished Member
Indeed TD charge £30 for delivery, JL is free

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom