Which 46/47" TV - must look good too!

feival

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am after a new TV since my wonderful 11 year old Toshiba 36ZP18P is ready to go. Sadly it works perfectly but we want to chagne the layout of our lounge and the 90KG beast takes up a lot of room as you can imagine!!!

The plan is to get a 46" or 47" screen. It is used for viewing TV wit a Virgin Tivo and for xbox. I am not too fussed about apps since the Tivo will presumably have all of those and for the ones it doesn't the xbox has them too. That said, I want a higher end screen so I suppose it will anyway have them. I am not fussed about 3D but I guess that is standard too.

In terms of budget I plan to have the TV for some time so I have no problems paying £1000 plus. It is important to us that it is slim and looks good with a nice slim bezel/frame etc. I am unsure as to whether plasma or LED is the way to go but when in Costco today I liked the look of the LED units there. One issue is that ideally I want the company to deliver the TV and remove the old one. Although it is on eBay I doubt I'll find a mug to buy it!

Therefore in summary can anyone recommend a TV for me. John Lewis is fine since they will collect the old TV for £9 unlike Richer Sounds.

The new Panasonic LCD sets are very attractive and feature slim bezels.

Take a look at these models E6, ET60, FT60, DT65. All apart from the FT60 have been reviewed on this site.

Thanks for this. Richer Sounds have TX-L47WT50B LED at £1149. I have one on reserve and will collect Sunday. My council have recommended a firm to remove my old TV for free assuming it doesn't sell on eBay first!!! thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. Richer Sounds have TX-L47WT50B LED at £1149. I have one on reserve and will collect Sunday. My council have recommended a firm to remove my old TV for free assuming it doesn't sell on eBay first!!! thanks again.

No problem, hope the tv works out well for you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom