Question Which 43 inch tv is best for me?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Teesside99, Jul 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Teesside99

Teesside99
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

i've been trawling through numerous threads trying to establish which 43 inch tv would be best for me and have simply gone around in circles.

I thought it might be quicker and easier to simply ask for help directly.

My budget is £1000 and i require a tv with good viewing angles. I will be watching sport, Netflix and movies only on the tv - i won't be using it for gaming.

The Sony KD43XF8577SU was recommended to me by staff in John Lewis but having read a very recent Which review it seems that not only is the viewing angle poor but so is the picture.

IN terms of picture quality and viewing angle the following tv's come out best according to Which's ratings:

LG 43UJ750V
    Sony KD43XE8005BU

I would really appreciate any advice regarding tv's which i might not have considered. Your help is much appreciated - cheers!

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    When I last looked at 43" TVs with IPS panels which is what you need for wider viewing angles the best value models were from LG (UJ series from 2017) and Philips (xxx2 series from 2017).

The Sony models, 2018 or 2017 seemed pretty overpriced.

The new Panasonic models at 43" are also very overpriced.

You may also be fine with a FHD TV from Sony at 43". They may not be UHD but that isn't really a bad thing on smaller screen sizes, it has its advantages too such as scaling poorer quality content to a higher standard.

I personally would not want to pay over £350-400 for a TV at this size, just because no matter which model you buy you are not going to get a fantastic TV - manufacturers don't care about the quality of tv's at smaller sizes anymore. If I had a TV already, i'd consider not bothering to upgrade at all.