• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Which 40-43" TV?

Orion5

Established Member
Due to my Sony 42W705B starting to fail for the second time since I've had it. I'm now looking for a new tv. I only really use the TV for watching Sky HD, A few blurays and the occasional gaming session on my PS4 Pro. I usually sit within a range of 1 to 2 metres from the screen so I am not to fussed about 4K. I'm only really looking for a picture comparable or better to my current TV.

TV's I've been looking at include the:
Sony 43" WD751
Samsung 40" MU6100 only because I can get it for £385
Samsung UE40K5500

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Dodgexander

Since you have a PS4 pro why not at least go for a TV that will give you better colours if you play a HDR game?

You might be able to find a very nice deal on a Samsung 40KU6400 or Panasonic 40DX700. If you can get 2017 models for the same price like the MU6400 then go for that instead, the MU6100 will be the same more or less, just with worse colour with HDR only.

If you are strictly sticking to FHD then the Samsung K5500 is likely your best bet. Not entirely sure what panels other TVs use but its likely Sony's at that size now will use LG IPS type panels which will actually give you less contrast than your current TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom