Which 3d tv

holmsie42

Standard Member
Reaction score
Sorry i know this has prob been repeated several times, but i am looking at buying a 3d TV this weekend and have narrowed it down to 3.

Mainly down to price, reviews i have seen in magazines and features. I will be using it mainly for viewing 2d, 3d tv and blu ray but not for gaming at all.

I have a surround sound system so can live with average sound quality the TV may have. The 3 are:
Samsung UE46D7000
Panasonic TX-46GT30B
LG47LW650T

Is there 1 than stands out above the others?

Many Thanks:)

Ask your first whether you want active or passive 3D.
If you do not know research the pros and cons of each then decide which system you want.

If you're looking for fantastic 3D and you're not that bothered about gaming then the LG47LW650T definitely stands out.

..but don't take my word for it - check it yourself :)

Have to be honest i do not know anything about passive and active 3D, is there much difference?
I am going into town in a bit to have a good look at the 3 mentioned, the LG is looking good as i am not using for gaming and it seems really good value from currys at £850 with a blu ray included?

I thought the lg650 is suppose to be good for gaming after firmware update which reduced amount of lag by more than half in game mode

I thought the lg650 is suppose to be good for gaming after firmware update which reduced amount of lag by more than half in game mode
You may well be right :)

Don't read anything into my comments - I'm not a gamer!

my family just got the 46d7000 and although im not there to see it in person they say the picture and 3d are great and what i have seen of it in the shops it looks good. its aparently super light and thin as well my little sister was able to move the box in from the delivery person herself. we got it from 1st audio visual through quidco so we got cash back plus there cheep price and rebate. i cant wait to get back from university and play round with it myself. im not a big fan of the passive on tv as doesnt it mean less quality image in 3d than you get with active.

After reading the active v passive debate i was completely baffled! both seemed to have their plus and minus points. I set off for Currys intending to buy the Samsung. However after viewing both in currys i changed my mind and purchased the LG47LW650T.

The LG 3D experience was just better, to me anyway. I think as many people have said on here the best thing to do is judge for yourself and they are spot on. I may not be an expert on TV technology but the LG just seemed more balanced to my eyes.
Set up last night was a breeze, we are very happy with the TV and are looking forward to many hours of 3D viewing.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. :)

After reading the active v passive debate i was completely baffled! both seemed to have their plus and minus points. I set off for Currys intending to buy the Samsung. However after viewing both in currys i changed my mind and purchased the LG47LW650T.
Glad to hear you made a good choice :smashin:

...but I'm very puzzled as to why you'd decided to buy a Samsung TV after reading that thread :confused:

Many of the advantages of going passive actually grow with ownership (i.e. not so obvious in the shop) so you were kinda lucky not to have made the wrong choice :)

I think i was listening too much to a mate who swears by Samsung, so yes i was lucky in the shop that i changed my mind.
Just watched 1st 3d football match and it was great just a pity the reds did not manage to win!
The glasses did not take long at all to get used to and did not cause any fatigue after 90 mins.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom