Which 3D TV is better

navdsingh

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I bought Samsung PS43D490 Plasma 3d, everything is fine but when it comes to 3D I am not satisfied the reason too much crosstalk which leading to image ghosting, bought from argos and i phoned them and ask for refund, so now I am planning to go for LG 42LW450U with passive 3d. guys need help should I stick with Samsung or go for LG.

basic purpose for me is gaming and few 3d movies

You say you will be using it for gaming.. casual gaming or serious online gaming?

The PS43D490 is only an HD ready tv while the LW450U is full HD so you will get a higher resolution with HD sources with the LG. Passive type 3D also typically has the lowest possible crosstalk you can get so you will be better off on both counts. I have the LW450U and I love it. :)

Happy new Year!

thanks

yeah it must be serious online gaming and less causal gaming.................

what about the 3D factor in LG is it good though been to comet to see the difference between samsunga active and lg passive but thing is that they use best 3d content to display products which give more real 3d and things poping out screen.... which i havent xprenced in samsung till now

Things popping off the screen has more to do with the 3D content being played, ie, playing a proper 3D bluray title that is known to produce a lot of 'pop out'. SKY and Virgin also have a dedicated channel for 3D.
I'm not familiar with your model but you may be able to play 'proper 3D' clips downloaded onto a USB stick and via the Samsungs USB port... if it has one?

The LW450U is fine for gaming for me but If you are very serious about online gaming and need a tv with very low input lag, the Panasonic ST30 (active 3D) is probably the way to go.. unfortunately you will often have more chance of seeing crosstalk with an active set.

Here are some opinions on your TV model http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-tvs/1431919-samsung-ps43d490.html

Budget permitting, you would be better off spending a couple of hundred pounds more for a full HD TV in my opinion..

Last edited:
Ari ive been trying to post you a message but your inbox is full:smashin:

witch is the virgin 3D channel then,all i can find are the ESPEN games things.

Ari ive been trying to post you a message but your inbox is full:smashin:

witch is the virgin 3D channel then,all i can find are the ESPEN games things.

Inbox cleared.

Re- Virgin 3D, my bad, turns out it's called '3D On Demand' rather than a specific channel.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom