Which 3d Bluray Player???

kinger5542

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just bought a new samsung PS51D6900 and was wondering what 3d bluray player to go for? I have up £400 to play with.

I will be pairing it up with my pioneer vsx-lx55, monitor audio radius 270hd, 250hd, 225hd and definitive technology supercube 2 subwoofer.

I am currently using my PS3 for Bluray but as it doesn't support 3d then it will have to be relegated to the bedroom.

Also would it make a difference if i had a samsung tv but got a panasonic bluray player. I mean would it be better to stick to the same brand of tv/bluray player?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this

Matt

If you have the latest version of the firmware installed, the PS3 does support 3d and has done for some :smashin:time

If you have the latest version of the firmware installed, the PS3 does support 3d and has done for some :smashin:time

Note that 3D Blu-ray titles will have their HD audio restricted to the SD formats if using a PS3. This is the compromise Sony had to make in order to use the current HDMI hardware present onboard the PS3. A standalone 3D capable BD player can output HD audio as well as the 3D video via HDMI, but a PS3 cannot.

The PS3 is compromised in terms of it being regarded as a true 3D Blu-ray player. The better option is to get a dedicated standalone player ;)

Last edited:
Also would it make a difference if i had a samsung tv but got a panasonic bluray player. I mean would it be better to stick to the same brand of tv/bluray player?

There's no real reason to stick to any one brand. You're more likely to compromise the setup than enhance it if you keep to just one brand! Some manufacturers are good at one thing, but not necessarily good or the best at another ;)

Good point, I'd forgotton that! it does mean that the option of trying out 3d before going to the expense of buying a whole new player is available. Mind you I wouldn't pass up any half reasonable excuse to upgrade!

Thanks for all of your reply's. Ididnt even know the PS3 was 3d compatible, but as it cant handle hd audio with 3d then i will ahve to purchase a seperate player. If only though....

Would the Pioneer lx-55 really compare to the CAMBRIDGE AUDIO AZUR 651BD? in regrads to picture/soundquality and disc loading speed. I know the ps3 has unbelieveable loading speed but i have a crappy smasung blu ray player and there is such a herrendous delay (like 5 seconds) when you press play or try and do anything.

Thanks again for all of your reply's

Matt

And the Oppo BDP-93 is within reach as well. I use that with my 59d6900 and are very pleased with it.

Does your amp support 3d pass through? If not 2 HDMI outs like oppo or panny bdt310 would be essential.

Yeah the pioneer supports 3d.

I am torn between two as the wife says i can stretch the budget so now its between the oppo bdp-93 or the cambridge audio 651BD!

Thanks again, Matt

Yeah the pioneer supports 3d.

I am torn between two as the wife says i can stretch the budget so now its between the oppo bdp-93 or the cambridge audio 651BD!

Thanks again, Matt

I was as well, especially as I could have picked up the CA at a local RS but no Oppo dealers nearby. I was swayed to the Oppo because of a) looks, and b) updates seem to be more forthcoming and c) a much greater support network...

And the Oppo BDP-93 is within reach as well. I use that with my 59d6900 and are very pleased with it.

Where is the oppo within reach? I believed the budget was £400, but the lowest I've seen the oppo is £499?

JEDIBLADE said:
Where is the oppo within reach? I believed the budget was £400, but the lowest I've seen the oppo is £499?

Well the OP started comparing the lx55 to the cambridge audio 651. The moment you do that then you may as well include the oppo which is being sold for the same money as the 651. ;)

The wife syas that i cant stretch to £500 now and all three are within reach and yes as you say, bar used ones the oppo is £499, cheapest i can find anyway.
I think the oppo is defiately the way forward now.
Just ordered 4 Qed 1.4 hdmi cables and 2 pairs of samsung ssg-3100 glasses so now just to order the oppo after crimbo and then should be all set to go.
Thanks for all of you help, Very much appreciated.

Good news :) you'll enjoy it :) ps. The oppo comes with an hdmi cable if you haven't ordered them already :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom