Which 37" to 40" TV Should I Buy?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by hpoom, Feb 2, 2014.

1. hpoom

hpoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I am on the hunt for a new TV. My current lounge TV is a 9 year old 32" Samsung LCD TV. It is a great TV for it's time but it is starting to show ghosting.

In my Cinema Room I have an LG 50PK590 Plasma which I am very very pleased with. All gaming and film watching is done in the cinema room, the lounge TV is just for evening and weekend Freeview and Freeview HD watching.

My requirements make it really hard to find TV's. The new lounge TV need to be an LCD, as we have 2 large windows. Although I love my Plasma it is wrong tech for every day TV. It must also have built in iPlayer and 4OD so be a Smart TV. Ideally it would have Freeview HD built in and have an optical audio out so that I can turn off the TV speakers and run the sound though an old amp (no HDMI on amp).

And the last killer requirement. I want larger than the existing 32" but can't be any bigger than 40", so no 42" models. I already have a big screen in cinema room, lounge TV needs to be discrete. So I am looking for 37" and 39" (maybe 40") models.

I know Samsung used to do 37" models my parents have one, but can't find them now. I like LG products a lot and have found 39LN575V on Richer Sounds, but it gets a few bad reviews around the iPlayer functions.

So HELP please. AV Forums suggest TV's that meet my requirements about.

2. hpoom

hpoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Forgot to say... If there is little that meet my requirements now, feel free to recommend upcoming 2014 models. I am happy to wait for the right TV.