Which 37" screen ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by captainlossa, Jul 27, 2004.

1. captainlossa

captainlossa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking to buy a 32" or 37" screen. Been to Comet but not very impressed with the pictures on any. LCD's seem slow on refresh and Plasma's not that sharp. With HDTV coming in 2006 what is my best bet on a purchase now? Will be using it with Sky+ and the new Philips LX9000 home cinema/CD burner. Any tips appreciated.

2. dicky

dicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would not buy a plasma screen tv at this moment, I do not like the picture quality. (might look great with "Finding Nemo" but try watching terrestrial). I would go with a 36" crt.
    Anyway that's my opinion, anyone with a plasma feel free to discuss as I have not watched a plasma in a home enviroment and it must be said I doubt that picture quality in the likes of comet is optimum. Obviously contradicting myself a bit there so anyone with a plasma please convert me.
    Regards

3. captainlossa

captainlossa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Dicky for your advice. I think your probably right. The 36" CRT Panasonic looks pretty good. Don't know if it will be any good with HDTV though.

4. dicky

dicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Don't really know about the HDTV apart from the fact it may come to sky in 2006. Obviously depends on your set-up etc etc. I am a freeviewer myself and I do know you won't be dissapointed with the PQ from a 36" crt, especially from Panasonic. I don't know the rest of your set-up but the latest 36" should have at least 1 x component and 2 RGB enabled scarts (out of the 3 available)
    Regards

5. Dulux

Dulux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your looking for a 37" then there really is no equal to the Panny Viera 37". Trust me, if you have a decent aerial then the internal freeview tuner looks fantastic. However, Finding Nemo, IMOP doesn't look that good (slight Chroma noise) but something like Pirates Of The Caribbean, with progressive and a component input looks simply stunning!!!