• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which 37 inch Tv should I buy?

sano

Novice Member
Budget is around £450. I am keen on the Panasonic range as we had one previously and it was great but there are so many models to choose from!

Requirements:
  • Watch Tv / Movies / Sport
  • Include Freeview
  • View distance : 7-10ft

If Netflix can be thrown in on this budget then great but someone said Smart TV's go out of date quickly so not too bothered either way. (I plug my laptop in to watch movies). Thanks for any recommendations.

vickster

Distinguished Member

sano

Novice Member
Thanks for your reply.

37" is plenty big enough to fit next to our chimney breast. I don't understand why smaller Tv's are being superseded on size - our typical 2 bed Victorian Terrace isn't going to get any bigger!

vickster

Distinguished Member
I don't think they make them, nothing between 32" and 39" now, but a 39" led will be smaller overall than an old 37" LCD. Look at the dimensions and measure the space

People put 60" tvs in 12x12 rooms (that I don't get either)

vickster

Distinguished Member
No, not all all. I assumed you wanted a current model. Not one that is 3 years old for £550 :eek: delivered which won't have Netflix . Maybe see what there is in the Classifieds on here, place a wanted ad. Maybe see if anyone has a Panasonic 37" plasma, were fab TVs especially for sport and films

Or if happy to go more basic (although blur and banding could be a risk)

Panasonic TX-L39B6B 39-inch Widescreen Freeview Full HD 1080p LED TV: Amazon.co.uk: TV

Personally, I like the silver bezels and prefer more screen and less frame, but we're all different :)

Last edited:

sano

Novice Member
That looks like a good deal jlost, I think I may partake in your purchase. What is the difference between 39E6B recommended initially and 39AS500B?

I suppose I will have to suck up the Tv revolution in minimal frame viewing and turn my lounge into a gadget zoo like everyone else :)

jlost

Established Member
I'm hoping at the very least it's the same panel as in the 39E6B. No reviews online yet. With Costco you have 90 days to return the set if you really aren't happy with it.

Here is the manual if you want a look: Panasonic Manuals

Looking through that it appears to be identical to the 39E6B. Only notable changes are 1 less HDMI port / USB port. Also you will benefit from any updates to iPlayer, Netflix etc whereas 2013 models or earlier may not.

But like yourself, the black frame was the primary reason I chose it over the 39E6B.

Last edited:

jlost

Established Member
Turned out Costco could not deliver to my location. I gave up waiting and got a Sony KDL40W605 from Currys. SONY BRAVIA KDL40W605 Smart 40" LED TV | Currys

Do remember there is a 'Non-Member 5% Surcharge' so the actual price from Costco is £420. Still not bad for TV + 5 Year Warranty. There are still no professional reviews of the TX-39AS500B.

Richer Sounds have it in-store, if you are able to get there. £430 with possibly a better 5 Year Warranty. TX39AS500B | Richer Sounds

Last edited:

Dodger21

Standard Member
This set is now down to 339.99

Costco’s warranty will also give you your money back any time up to the 5 years if it is not economical to repair.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom