Which 37 inch 100-200hz TV? £400-450

britmurderboy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, been looking the last week for a 37 inch tv for an christmas present. Lcd with 100-200 hz. hd freeview. Am a bit lost on what to go for, Any ideas would be appreciated. Price range, would rather £400 but could stretch to £450 if the deal is good. have been looking at the LG 37LH5000 but seems it has been discontinued so something like that. Thanks in advance :smashin:

Regards

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks for reply , maybe you can help further, do i necessarilly require the 100-200hz processing? reason for looking at such is i have seen a sony at a friends ghost and blur during action or gaming. Priority would be watching tv/freeview so Hd freeveiw? second watching movies from cd or from usb for home movies and added a ps3/xbox to the mix. 37 inch for the above , best for the 400-450. Have no idea at the mo.

Those are the only 2 I think, unless LG have (but not with 100hz in a 37")

To be honest, ghosting/poor motion can befall any LCD (100hz or not), especially the cheaper ones.

If you cannot find more money, the Samsung 37C580 should do what you want without the 100hz. Otehrwise, look for second hand?

Thanks again, Will stump up the money and get a Samsung 37C650. Have seen a Samsung LE37C650 and a Samsung LE37C650L, Can you tell me the difference between the two, is it a difference in panels? seen the Samsung LE37C650L a few quid cheaper than the laskys one you posted earlier. Also a few reviews talk of buzz is this quite common or earlier builds?

hi guys, been a lurker for a while but thought it was about time i signed up :hiya:

im also looking at a 37" and was thinking 100hz too.

I thought this made it a far better picture for watching sport etc. Is this not the case?

thanks.

I don't know what the L model is - which retailer?

One thing to be aware of with 37" Samsung and Sonys is that the 37" panels are less good than the 32s and 40s (a different manufacturer). Panasonic 37s such as the 37G20 have a good rep

100hz smooths the motion for sport but can make the picture seem artificially smooth for some sources

I don't know what the L model is - which retailer?

One thing to be aware of with 37" Samsung and Sonys is that the 37" panels are less good than the 32s and 40s (a different manufacturer). Panasonic 37s such as the 37G20 have a good rep

100hz smooths the motion for sport but can make the picture seem artificially smooth for some sources

Thanks for trhe reply,
never had a specific model in mind.

I'm just looking for a 37"or 40 at the most to go with my sky hd and watching movies and lots of sports.

I had a look at LG37le5300

KDL37ex503

txl37G20b

What do you think mate?

thanks again!

sorry for posting on 2 threads about the same thing vickster.

Just the way it happened when i was replying.

i'll stick to 1 from now on. and leave you alone after your advice on these tvs.

cheers

LG37le5300

KDL37ex503

txl37G20b

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom