1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 36in, 36pw9618 or kv36fs76 ?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by PaulCassar, Dec 31, 2003.

1. PaulCassar

PaulCassar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Im about to order one of the above 36in tellys from philips or sony, and have chosen these two as they are the only 36in tellys
    that allders sell in portsmouth.
    With allders i can get a free 5 year warrentee and they will price match the dixons online site which has the cheapest prices for these two models.

My question is which one do i choose, the philips may have a better picture but it does come with possible problems with the pixel plus ability ( but i have been told that you can turn this off ).
    And the sony is an older model but its probably a safer bet and has less known problems. ?

prices are

sony £1300
    philips £1559

Please reply with your comments, and yes i have been looking at all the other posts here on 36in tellys

regards
    Paul

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    As you will be aware they both have the potential to have 'issues'. If you are prepared to take a chance then you can get the Sony for £799 from HERE - del is £60. I'm not recomending this particular retailer in any way, just highlighting that you can possibly save a bit of cash.

3. jones721

jones721

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would be interested to see what replies you get because I have started a similar thread about 36" televisions and still haven't made my mind up - am now even more confused than ever in case I make the wrong choice! See back to "Urgent answer required . . " or something like that a few boxes below this one.
    In answer to price about the Philips, on-line you can get it much cheaper (something like £1374) if you look at www.pricerunner.co.uk then TVs, then widescreen, then 36". It is listed twice, 36PW9618 and 36PW9618C so look at them both.
    I have the Philips 36" 9607 and am very unhappy with it. Am about to get it exchanged and don't know what to get. As I also get shimmering out of the Pixel Plus mode (and others don't) I assume that my particular TV is faulty and I have been told the new 9618 is slightly improved. I still love the Philips though and the picture (when it is good) is great.
    Would be interested to know which model you opt for.
    Tracey