1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 36" TV to buy

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by David A, Jul 16, 2002.

1. David A

David A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm after reccomendations for a 36" TV. I've already got a yamaha dspx620 av amp, and all the surround speakers, a pioneer dv444 dvd player and SKY digital. Therefore the dobly digital/dts aren't wholly necessary from the TV.

Also a cabinet isn't totally necessary as well as I have an AV bench/rack to put it on.

Any reccomendations?

Or to throw more ideas in the pot should I consider a rear projection??:confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance

2. Oblivion

Oblivion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Id go for the Toshiba 36ZD26P

Nicam stero and Progressive Scan. A few of use have the 32 inch model and have yet to hear a bad thing about the set :D

Paul

3. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would have a look at one of the new Toshibas in a shop as the look is definitely personal taste..much like the picture frame tv's. Personally, I would go for the Philips 9607, looks the biz..and a lot less plastic!

4. Adrian

Adrian
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Philips 36 9607 has a Panasonic tube, this has been officially confirmed by Philips.
    Go for the Philips which has philips software and the exceptionally good Panasonic tube.