1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 32in PAL/NTSC Progressive TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by nevC, Sep 12, 2005.

1. nevC

nevC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Was considering upgrading to a Panasonic PD30 or PD50 but have seen what seems to be unprecedented levels of disatisfaction with both of these models. I need a CRT set supporting both PAL and NTSC progressive scan as I intend to avail of this function from DVD , X-Box and Gamecube sources.
    I would like to avail of the extra clarity and definition offered by progressive scan without having to use the projector all of the time (Screnplay 5700 far too costly for solo sessions). Non-CRT sets (Plasma and LCD) costing several times the price of CRT rivals are noticeably inferior to even average CRT TVs, especially with off-air transmissions.
    Am disappointed that magazines such as WHAT HI-FI should appraise these models so highly , including in their Awards Issue 2004 when so many 'ordinary punters' have so much trouble with them. How seriously should these reviews be taken?
    Are there any CRT TVs that support both PAL and NTSC progressive scan that are reliable as well?
    Any help would be much appreciated, especially since CRT seems on the way out.
    Nev

2. Kalos Geros

Kalos Geros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Why not take a look at JVC (AV32X4) or Philips (32pw9520) or even Samsung's WS-32Z308P SlimFit TV...these sholud be cheap, around 700-800€...Panasonic PM11P is rather cheap too and should be bulletproof...