1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which 32 wide screen

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by maximus desimus, Nov 27, 2002.

1. maximus desimus

maximus desimus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    narrowed it down to these 2
    philips 32 pw9527
    sony kv32fx66
    so which 1
    im on a budget of a £1000 so these are the best choices i think
    any advise would be great also best place to buy em
    thanks all

2. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    MD - You have asked the most asked question on this forum ...
    I was in the same boat a month or so ago & found no one will post replies ...
    FWIW I searched the forum for each of the models I was interested in and on everyone there is positive & negative feedback - I decided to go for the TV with the best deal on it which in my case was a Panasonic PL10 which I got from unbeatable for £799 (was a bit cheaper at other sites like empire & krishav) but unbeatable had a no deposit pay in a year offer so I got it from there & I am very pleased with it ... HTH Paul ;)

3. TommyP

TommyP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem coming up with a decision and agree with PaulBoy, the best thing to do it read the forum and search for the sets your interested in.

I decided on the 32FX66 and hopefully it'll arrive in a week. (Nobody seems to of had any major problems, it got an excellent review in "What Tv and Video")

Brought from John Lewis using their price promise and matching to Krishav. Cost me £964 including a 5yr guarantee. (JL give free 5yr Guarantees with new TVs) + I also got £150 off any DVD players as well but I think that might of been just in the Kingston branch so might not be a national promotion.

Use http://uk.pricerunner.com/ to look at the best deals :D

4. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I had the same two sets in mind and went for the philips as i prefered the sound on this set but pixel plus is not for me so mine is going back to comet and I have now bought the Sony from someone else hoping to get delivery this week so once I get a good look at the sony i will let you know which in my opinion is the better set ........I am desperatley hoping that the sony is better for me as it is too much hassle dealing with these people

The main probs with the philips is the trail that pixle plus leaves behind on action motion in particular on sport watching footie it makes the ball look like a white fuzz and the players shirts look like wool perhaps i'm too fussy as a mate of mine has the same set and is over the moon with it!:blush:

5. alle v

alle v
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...I'd go for this TV as well...in fact I did ;) :D

£1050 from SONY themselves. Not quite as good a deal as Tommy's but only one company to deal with should there ever be any probs.

Just bought some decent ish scarts from www.hificables.co.uk who are fantastic :) btw... and the DVD piccy is now amazing!!

6. Iain P

Iain P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look at the JVC AV32R25EKS. Just bought 1 for £699 (899 in Comet!) from www.shopathills.co.uk. Includes 3 speakers (built in) plus subwoofer - for 3D Pro logic. Satellite speakers (JVC APR100) are £40 extra and well worth it. The telly looks great and the stand is the best I saw for sub £1500! Look and spend no further!