• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which 32" TV?

Drongo

Distinguished Member
Hi

I'm looking to buy a semi decent but not mega expensive 32" TV.

If the TV was available in white and/or slim that would be a nice bonus; but my main priority is picture quality. My main sources will be DVD/HD DVD/ Blu-ray and FreeView SD and HD.

So far; I've shortlisted the following:

1: PANASONIC TXL32C4B

2: SAMSUNG UE32EH5000

3: LG: CS 460

4: SONY 32EX723

5: S0NY 32 EX310 BU

I believe that one of the Sony's is LCD whilst the other is Edge LED and only 720p - has anyone compared the two and what are your thoughts?

How do the other TV's compare?

Would you suggest any others to add to the short list?

Comments, advice and suggestions very much appreciated. :)

Drongo

Quaddy

sony 32cx523?

full 1080p, freeview HD, picture in/and picture, smart tv, usb recording

can be set to sleep when you are not in front of it, wakes when you come back :cool:

has ccfl backlight, but i would rather have a decent ccfl panel than a lower range led for uniformity.

Drongo

Distinguished Member
sony 32cx523?

full 1080p, freeview HD, picture in/and picture, smart tv, usb recording

can be set to sleep when you are not in front of it, wakes when you come back :cool:

has ccfl backlight, but i would rather have a decent ccfl panel than a lower range led for uniformity.

Thanks, I'll add that to the list. :smashin:

Anyone else with any suggestions?

Drongo

jbloggs

Panasonic Viera TX-L32E5(B)...

mantis13

Standard Member
Surely not samsung unless you are feeling lucky because of panel lottery and the chance of really bad panel from cmi s-mva with unnatural color,ghost and terrible viewing angle.(the black illuminates blue and colors shift to purple)
Good choice i think panasonic 32E5.
Read * review.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom