1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 32" (Loewe?)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by gfc, Jul 28, 2003.

1. gfc

gfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the market for a 32" WS but undecided on which to get.

1:Aconda 9381 - could probably stretch to this
    2:Mimo - great picture, styling...if i had the correct environment it would be great - iMac?
    3:Aventos - Great picture but plain

Along with the above the Tosh pf2 has cought my eye.

Know which one of the above i'd like but my the other half wants a 36"...dont they always!!

Loewe or Tosh (36")?

2. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Loewe all the way!
    Tosh has bigger screen(obviously) but has problems with green motion trails on occassions when there is high contrast movement across a dark background. This may or may not bother the hell out of you!
    Loewe picture is different class IMHO. Picture wise all 3 Loewe sets have identical picture as far as i could tell(Groundy please correct me if i'm wrong!) though the Aconda has a couple of extra motion enhancement processing features that you will probably turn off. Aconda has best build quality with Aventos having the worst - they had to cut costs somewhere. I think it will come down to what one you prefer the styling of. John Lewis and House of Fraser usually have all 3 Loewe and the Tosh on display, so pop down and have a look.

3. gfc

gfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have to agree. Saw the 32 & 36" pf2, Mimo & Aconda at HOF. Picture on the pf2 was pretty good but didn't match the Mimo or Aconda, although i guess they were set up diff as the Mimo seemed to have the best pict overall on rf. Just have to convince the other half which is best as she's still after a 36" model!!!!!

4. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    The Aconda is a great set but I saw the Mimo in the flesh for the first time on Saturday and it's a very stylish set.
    I would probaly have bought that over my Aconda if it had been availible at the time.
    See if you can find the 9281 version of the Aconda, it doesn't have the gloosy finish but the guts are the same and it's cheaper.

5. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    The 9281 is cheaper as it uses a Toshiba tube rather than a Philips one. Not sure if has the same issues that the tubes in Toshiba's own sets have.

6. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Is that still the case with the Aconda Living (9281ZW)?

I own that model and even if it does have a Toshiba tube I cannot see any problems with it. The picture quality is outstanding.