1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 32" Loewe TV

Discussion in 'TVs' started by djinn, Jul 12, 2003.

1. djinn

djinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am interested in buying a 32" loewe, wide and flatscreen TV

I do not mind so much about sound capabilities as will hook it up with a Receiver but am confused as to which tv to go for.

I am interested in the best picture, esp. for dvds, and digital cable (dvds more important though),

Any ideas which is the best model to go for (if price was not an issue) and also which is the best value for money. What do people think of the articos 55 - i am not sure about dlp too much so advice regarding this too will be good - esp in terms of quality of picture and viewing angles etc.

By the way suggestions for an alternative tv woudl also be good - thought originally of the beovision but then those prices are just going a bit to far.................

2. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the viros and it's superb, but it's worth noting that the only real compromise on the Aventos is the build quality (it's plasticky and not as strong as the higher models) as under the casing the technology is the same. You won't beat the prices for Loewe's from www.tvandvideodirect.com who I bought from and can recommend, but it's worth noting that John Lewis will price match them.

3. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I have the 32" Aconda and it's a superb set in every respect.
    Buy the model that you like the look of most, I would like to own a Mimo set but I wasn't aware of the range when I purchased my Aconda.
    No regrets though!

4. djinn

djinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys good to hear positive feedback. I like the looks of the aconda and articos the best but heard there was differences in the picture quality (the articos been the better) - can get the set online for around 1600-1700 so 200-300 more than the aconda. Was thinking of waiting for the articos DLP television articos-55 but have discovered it is likely to end up around 4000-5000 so now that is out of the question.

Anyone compared all the models picturewise? Does the Articos digital link have a benefit?
    And what about the options for the Aconda does anyone any feedback on them (they seem to offer one upgrade for free at the moment)

Oh yes by the way can these tvs play back pal and ntsc (eg dvd output)

5. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    The Aconda is fine with PAL and NTSC playback. All of my consoles are NTSC and the picture quality is superb.

6. crooksm

crooksm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an Aconda 9381 - it; and all the Aconda's have Digital Link.

In case you didn't know Digital Link merely allows you to control a Loewe DVD player or Loewe VCR via the TV. The benefit of this is that you can control either or them even if they are hidden away behind a case (and you don't have remote control line of sight).

7. djinn

djinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks did not know what it was - thought it may have been some digital screen tweak or something. Sounds good but have a pioneer dvd and denon amp so guess will not work with the link.

Sounds like the Aconda maybe the one - so many choices and all look great! but seem the best the Articos seems a little on the pricier side.

Thanks for your responses.

8. djinn

djinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any true hi-definition televisions (CRT) out there on the british market, and if not would it be worth purchasing such from abroad eg europe in a multisystem mode?

9. JurgenNL

JurgenNL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    The Digital Link works also with my JVC VCR.

Jürgen

10. djinn

djinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the replies.

Another thought - expert opinions -how does the Beovision 3 compare with the Articos for picture quality?

11. gepree68

gepree68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To get the best price, may I recommend something I learnt from this forum.

1. Choose which model of Loewe TV you want.

2. Find this model on www.tvandvideodirect.com, click on it, and and print out the page describing the model (with its price).

3. Click on "About Us" and print out that page. This will include details of the company, the address of their shop in Bolton, and their phone number.

4. Take your printouts to your nearest John Lewis and ask them for a price match. They will not match against internet-only companies, but because tvandvideodirect is also a shop in Bolton, there should be no problem.

5. You may have to pay the full John Lewis price initially, but if you leave the printouts with them, they will confirm the price match over the next few days, and then debit your card with the difference. My £423 refund for my Aconda 9381 came through after 5 days (which included a weekend), and they even phoned to tell me the price match had gone through without any problem.

6. You will now have a cheaper TV and a John Lewis 5 year warranty.

Note that House of Fraser will also do a price match, but (unlike John Lewis) will not give you a free 5 year warranty. Unless of course (as someone on here apparently did) you can get HoF to pricematch John Lewis's pricematch :)

Oh, and BTW I absolutely adore the Aconda (my first ever non-Sony TV). Also, I decided not to pay extra for a stand (£300!) because the TV fits nicely on my sideboard.

Geoff

12. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    if i was you i would buy the mimo

13. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +664
    In what way is the Mimo superior to the Aconda and Articos?

14. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The mimo is the same spec as the vitros but with very different looks. I saw the mimo playing a dvd in john lewis and the picture and styling are amazing!

15. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    i had the mimo hooked up to the computer through vga and the progressive scan picture was incredible i would go as far as to say the best i have ever seen and you can pic the set up for £1099 you can get a multimedia kit but it costs about £350 so all you do is get a microsoft keyboard with the mouse roller built in then get the vga upgrade and you will save a few quid.ive got a load of high definition films and the quility of these is breathtaking beats dvd hands down

16. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    andya,

Are you sure the Mimo can display high definition resolutions? My understanding was that the VGA input of the Loewe range was limited to standard (480p or 576p) resolution only.

17. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    it goes higher if you have a computer download the hd fusion player.here are the links by the way im getting a load of hd films

Here are some HD links for you to download

Fusion Player >>> this is the best for showing off HD clips - Install this before downloading the HD clips.
    http://www.dvico.com/hdtv/download.asp

Fusion HD Demo clips >>> its in Japanese so just click on each link at the bottom
    Note: you have to put the files into the FusionHDTVDemo folder or else it wont work.
    http://www.dvico.co.kr/Download/d_fusionhdtvdemo.asp

This site is great for HD clips - he only has one clip at a time to download but changes them every 2-3 days so be sure to keep checking back.
    Note: You need a mpeg 2 player to watch these - one is on his site which you get from.
    http://206.159.116.24/public.htm

HDTV Stills...
    http://www.feldoncentral.com/hdtv/

Another HD download
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=171590&highli

Scroll down to where its says HDTV samples, I think there is about 4 files get here. Note - I think with this one you have to right click on the files and save target as...(I think !!)
    http://www.heise.de/ct/ftp/spezial.shtml

18. gepree68

gepree68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can the Aconda 9381 be upgraded (the VGA upgrade?) to show these High Definition pictures from a PC?

If so, how suitable would the Aconda be as a replacement for a computer monitor for general use (e.g. web browsing, reading email, etc)?

What is the maximum resolution that the Aconda can handle?

Thanks
    Geoff

19. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
  20. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    the resolution at i think 800 480 60hz is very good much better than if you had a tv out on your computer and did it through svideo.

21. djinn

djinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The above sounds very interesting the VGA inputs and the resultant almost HD picture. Has anyone contacted loewe and asked them what they think?

I wonder if this means maybe down the line we may see futher connections for true progressive players or mayeb even i.link digital connectors to dispense with the mutliple digital to analog conversions.

22. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    in the next few years plasma and lcd will take over and thats why loewe are not bothered with component connections and progressive scan players.some players work but the vga port is 640 480 60hz and not all players synk in

23. Badger

Badger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have you confirmed any players that do sync ?

Phil

24. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    yes a player called the digitali is ok youn can get them at the computer fairs for about £50,not as good as the computer but still not bad