Which 32" LCD?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by andyturner28, Jan 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. andyturner28

andyturner28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys.

My boss is looking for a suitable 32" LCD TV to replace his same sized CRT, which has just died.
    I know prety much sod all about the latest screens, nor dose he, so we really need your help on this one. As he is going from CRT to LCD he would need one with probably sub 4ms responce time, and none of the smearing you get with fast movement on the cheaper ones. He also doe not have a separate sound system, so will need good onboard sound, and it also has to be minimum of 720p.

Any recomendations? I don't know his budget yet, but will let you know tomorrow evening.

Cheers,

Andy.

2. ittim

ittim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    whats his budget, the majority of people on here will tell you to go for the tosh wlt66 (think thats the one) or the Samsung LE32R74BDX however those are tvs with response rate around 8ms, not sure i've seen much better than that on LCD, think theres a Sharp thats around 6.

3. andyturner28

andyturner28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What a coincidence, it is the 37" version of that one his wife looked at today!

Only 1000:1 contrast though. Is there any around the £700 ,mark with a higher contrast and 6-8ms responce time. What would something like a football game look like on an 8ms screen? I havn't really had a look around yet as i have spent all my spare time recently looking at cameras and memory card's, so if anyone can beat my to it with other suggestions it would be much appreciated. He is the most impatient man i know and dosn't do forums, so without help from us he will end up with a worse picture than his old one.

Cheers,

Andy.