1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 32" LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by WoodyC, Apr 25, 2005.

1. WoodyC

WoodyC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm hoping someone can give me a hand picking a 32" LCD TV. I've got some pretty strict guidelines (imposed by the wife).

Should be 32" (or bigger)
    Speakers need to be mounted underneath the screen
    Should have a Black finish (black and silver OK)

I looked at the Samsung LW32A33 in currys at the weekend and was quite impressed with both the features and the picture (who'd have thought I'd ever say that about Currys!) But I've read this morning that it's not actually 16:9.

I'm interested in future-proofing it as much as possible but realise this may not be so easy with my restrictions.

The other sets I've looked at (online) are the Panasonic TX32LXD50, JVC LT32D50 (or the new LT32DS6) and just recently I saw what appeared to be a Toshiba 32WL48 with a black bezel.

So, there's the problem. Anyone have any views on these TV's or an alternative. Personally I liked the Panasonic until I saw that it didn't have any digital connections and only 1 Scart.

Thanks

2. oh aye

oh aye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of buying the toshiba i think the HDMI connection future proofing is the key. I have read brilliant reports from what hifi, home cinema choice and what plasma and lcd. Its being sold on line for about 1300 quid and for that sort of money you cant go wrong.