• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which 32" LCD to buy, Budget of £600 max

xBitlordx

Standard Member
Hiya guys

Getting myself into a right pickle trying to decide on a new LCD for my room. I would preferably prefer a commom make like Samsung, Toshiba, LG or Philips but am finding it so so hard to narrow down particular models.

My budget is 600 max but would prefer something in the mid five hundreds, maybe using couple promotion codes will sort that.

Im going to be using the TV wall mounted, so any models that come with mount would be good start, but the main use of TV will be for Freeview, DVD's and Xbox 360. Im quite intreged by the Samsung gaming mode and they do all look pretty swish against some of the other manufactures and i also love the ambilight mode on the philips but herd them a the 360 do not go very well together.

Couple models ive read about and know are quite widely avaiable are the:

Samsung R7 range, could someone please tell me the main differences between the R71, 72, 73 and 74

And I also like the look of the Toshiba 32WLT66, has won many awards on the toshiba site

If anyone could get back to me id be grateful, plus any pics of the Samsung R7 range mounted on the wall would be perfect to

Thanks

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
if you dont plan on using it with a pc i would go with the wlt66 (using codes i got for £570 from dixons)

pic is excellent when set up (its crap out of the box)

sound is really good too and the 360 looks amazing

however it is let down by poor pc support, with no 1:1 pixel mapping at native res.

if this isnt an issue then for the money i say tosh all the way.
if it is then prolly the sammy.

i am ini the same boat as i DO need decent pc support.

i may wait till jan sales and see if i can get the sony S series for a good price.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom