Which 32" LCD should I get for £1,400?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by poppa fred, Dec 27, 2004.

Tags:
  1. poppa fred

poppa fred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There,

I want to get a 32" LCD TV to use with a home cinema setup in my living room. The budget is c. £1400.

I've heard Sharp are good, but as I have very little experience with LCD TVs, I would really appreciate any advice that anyone has on which one to get.

Cheers,

Fred

2. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    if you can still get a g series sharp with dvi i would get that they are amazing lcds,if not get the toshiba 32wl48p it has a hdmi connection so when they start to broadcast hidef stuff in 2006 you will be ok none of the other lcds have got the connections really these are the best 2,and dont forget if they look crap in a store its just because they are not connected correctly or they have not been calibrated once you see one calibrated you will be amazed at the quality

3. duffer

duffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You should be able to pick up the Philips 9976 for approx that amount. It has all the various inputs you require and also for the future (DVI) and will be compatible with HDSky in 2005/06. The styling IMO is excellent and the sound top notch although if you have a home cinema kit thats not much of a consideration. Add to the equation Pixel Plus and a decent set of cables (I use the QED Sqart P2110 RGB) you get an excellent picture on DVDs - And I have an old Sony NS405 dvd player that lacks progressive scan - so just imagine the quality on newer players. Although remember, and this is true for all LCDs, the picture is only as good as the signal, and on LCD a poor signal is gonna look crap whereas on CRT it will look normal. Also try and avoid budget DVD movies because the quality of picture is poor compared to the special editions which have been enhanced digitally.