Which 32" LCD for my friend please?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Aaron9, Jan 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Aaron9

Aaron9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Basically, I'm not that up on TVs, and my friend is moving soon, and so was looking at a new TV. Basically, it needs to be 32", and must have freeview inbuilt.

That's it. Now, she wants a more well known brand, and she was looking at a Sony in comet for £650. So the budget is 650 or below, including delivery, ideally from a highstreet store, or well known online store (Such as Amazon, Dixons, whatever).

I'd be really appriciative if you guys could help me, as I don't want to tell her to get a TV and it looks crap, because she'd think it's my fault! Thanks.

2. Jamie Bug

Jamie Bug
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Try the Samsung LE32R8 range--you can get an R88 for about £500 off the high street or £450ish off the internet. The R87 won What Hi-Fi's Best Budget 32" LCD of the Year Award, which is fairly prestigious and has received very favourable reviews across the board.

You could also try the Samsung LE32M8 range too. They're the next model up and the M87's currently going for £649.99 from Comet, although, once again, you could get up to £75 off that price online. These too are being received favourably, although the 100Hz technology puts some people off. Convince your friend to spend about £50 more and she can start getting into the 'premium' lower-end range of LCDs. :).

EDIT:
    According to the official M8 thread on here the range starts at 37inches, not 32. Either it's a typo or all the LE32M87s online are part of a different range...

3. stewart28

stewart28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Sainsbury's are selleing a Sony Bravia 37" for around £450. not too sure about freeview or delivery but for that price it worth it.

I am going to get one on payday.

4. Aaron9

Aaron9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've read that some Sony's are really low-end junk, surely if it's a Sony at that price it could be?

I'll probably just get her to get a Samsung, unless anyone can offer any other advice?

5. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    It must be the 37P3020 model right?Its overally good model,though even R87 is little better

6. skipton01

skipton01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    The Samsung LE32R87 is what I'll be getting next month - Costco are currently selling these at £450 with a 3 year warranty, but on 18th Feb, that price drops to £411 with one of their vouchers.

Great reviews, great picture in the flesh and highly tweakable to give properly calibrated colour.

Cheers,

Mike