1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 32 inches Toshiba TV to buy

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Legendary, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Legendary

Legendary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    As long the TV support progressive scan PAL and NTSC and have a flat screen 32 inches widescreen.

Which TV is best for my need in gaming, football, DVDs, and Sky Digital. Also what the different between Straza and picture frame TV ? Which one have a smaller backside. As it will be in my bedroom.

I used NTSC (Both US/Jap) gamecube and XBOX (USA) and intend to get a Silver PS2 new model due next month (plan to chip it) and Sony 735 DVD player.

Do I need to get a progressive scan DVD player for the TV as I got Component sockets for the TV.

I am planning to get one in November, I got a Philip 24 inches widescreen which is average for me as there is a red glitch in pictures after white fade screen and is too bloody small for football :(

Is there any other brand worth a look apart from Toshiba for progressive scan display.

2. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heya,

I'm pretty new to this, but it seems that you need both a progressive scan player and compatible TV to get the most out of it.

I'm pretty stuck on what TV to get. I was sold on the Toshiba 32ZD36, however it's only NTSC prog scan... not much use really. I've then looked at the Panasonic TX-32PH40, but I've seen mixed reviews - some rate it, some say it's mediocre. I've also looked at one of the Hitachis: prog scan yes, but only two scart inputs and no composite input....

I'm building a 5.1 system, so I'd prefer just a Nicam set, rather than paying for extra features that I won't use.

Well I'm confused. Let me know if you have any luck (or if anyone else can make a suggestion).