Question Which 32"-40" TV should I buy?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Commissioner, Nov 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Commissioner

Commissioner
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm looking for a quality replacement for our broken Samsung 32" 720p TV.

The Samsung UE32K5500 would have been the perfect replacement, but isn't in stock anywhere. Its replacement (Samsung UE32M5520) gets a worse Which score (58%) and apparently has “bad sound and a grainy SD picture”.

It seems if you want any quality at all you have to go to 40" (and we don’t want any larger), so what is the best 40" in your opinion?

From my research, the Samsung UE40MU6120 appears to be the next upgrade.

Above this, it seems to be a draw between the Samsung UE40MU6400U and the Panasonic TX-40EX600B.

The Panasonic has been recommended in John Lewis and Richer Sounds but the 40” not having an adjustable stand would mean we’d have to get a new table.

I understand none of these TVs will offer the best 4K/HDR, but we will be watching SD/HD channels with Virgin Media and Netflix/Amazon Prime.

Any suggestions/advice?

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,344
    Do you need smart TV or will you be using the virgin stb for that? Perfect option would be the Sony 40RE453 but its not smart.

Failing that Sony's WE range is probably suitable, you can get those at 32".

I wouldn't get an UHD model personally as I think the upscaling of sd content makes it look worse on an UHD model but why not sample this yourself in a store?