Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Which 32/37" LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by f1005705, Jul 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. f1005705

f1005705
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been looking at the LCD TV market for over a year now and feel that it is at the point where I am willing to take the plunge.

I am looking for a 32/37" display with Freeview and HDMI, Scart etc. I have upto £1700 to spend and have been waiting for the Tosh 37wl58 but the release date is in October (I am willing to wait if this is the 'best set').

My considerations are:

Panasonic TX32LXD500
    Toshiba 32WL58
    Toshiba 37WL58
    JVC LT-32DS6

If intergrated freeview is not the way to go then I would consider one without e.g Hitachi 32LD7200 or any of the above without freeview.

I would like a 37" display, however would settle for a 32" if the PQ is is better.

Any help would be apreciated.

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    JVC does a 37" version of the DS6 - should be out soon, if not already.
    As per another thread here, one member decided upon the Panny as it proved to be a bit better than the JVC, which was second best of those he looked at.
    I've seen the JVCs from last year, and was very impressed by them - so much co, I plan on taking the plunge myself into LCD between now and Xmas.
    After reading that the Panny is supposed to be the dogs danglies, I shall be looking to compare that with the JVC, but I'll not discount the Sharps as well.
    Might throw samsung into the mix, but not 100% sure, as then I may as well look at the Hitachis as well, and by that stage, there's too many in the 'mix'.
    So, I'll probably stick with the 3 mentioned initially, and leave the others.

Just as a FWIW, the Sharp 37" Titanium can be had online for £1800 odd, in a few month's time, that could be down to £1500-1600.

3. Dune

Dune

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The Philips 32 inch may be out by then (9830) and may be cheaper than the current 9986 it replaces which currently goes for around £1900.

Philips also do 37 inch version of the 9986 that goes for around £2200. Maybe there could be some bargains to be had prior to the release of the 9830 range.

Neither has a freeview tuner (not sure about the 9830) and I like the idea myself. I have a freeview STB but would quite like to get rid it for one integrated into a TV.

Dave