1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 2nd hand Stereo Amp to partner Dynaudio 42W?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Triggaaar, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I've just bought some Dynaudio Audience 42Ws from the classifieds, for stereo duty in the bedroom (I know they are aimed at HC use, but I like Dynaudios, want them to go on the wall, and my wife likes the look of them in silver). Source is Squeezebox (new slimp3), digital out, and through DAC (say Arcam Black Box 50, so the sake of arguement).

I'd like to buy a second hand stereo amp (inc processor) from here or ebay to go with it, and have no idea what to look for. I'm easy going re make, and it won't be on show.

Thanks

2. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I've done a pretty poor job of choosing a forum for this thread. Maybe Integrated Amps and Receivers would have been better, or maybe High Fi Systems and Seperates. Oh well.

3. kraal

kraal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    But you want what? A processor or a pré?
    Try to find a Bryston pair (BP26+2B SST or the BP25) or Bryston B100SST

4. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I'm after an integrated amp, hence my comment about putting this in the wrong forum. Not looking to spend much, hopefully £150/£200 second hand. Main problem is not knowing which amps will/won't drive the Dynaudios without danger of clipping. Ignoring that point, I've seen a few recommended from Arcam, Marantz, Rotel and Nad.