1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 28" Widescreen?...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by andy_mac, Jan 8, 2002.

1. andy_mac

andy_mac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if anyone could help me. I want to buy a 28" widescreen TV but not sure which model to buy.

I am seriously considering the Philips 28PW9616, however my father has a 32" Tosh of which I am very fond of, but I don't know of any 28" models Tosh make that are of as good quality as the Philips 28PW9616.

Does anyone know if they make a 28" version of the 32ZD09B? I have not seen any advertised.

Any help or recommendations of other makes & models would be very gratefully accepted!

Andy.

2. Beaky

Beaky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andy,

I am in the similar situation but have picked two TV's I'm interested in but can't decide which one. I have posted question to this forum about it, see "Tosh 28ZD06 or Sony 28FX65?" but haven't had much response yet. Only one which said NOT to buy the Toshiba.

The tosh I refer to is 100Hz like the 32ZD09 but only nicam sound not dolby digital.
    It's probably the 28" version, of a kind, but it depends on what sound you want and whether you intend, even in the future, to purchase a separate amp, which is always better than what you can achieve from only the TV.

How much are you looking at spending?

Have you considered or looked at the Sony 28's.

I'm new to this also and may not be the best person to comment but at least you've had a reply. It may start the ball rolling for more.

Try tagging your question to a reply on my post as well. It may speed things up for the both of us.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forget the Sony. As much as I love Sony as a brand, there are problems with both the FX and FQ series. I have now sent back 2 FQ's and 1 FX. I am now looking at the Philips 28PW6526 or the Philips 28PW9616.

I liked the picture on the Hitachi C28WF535N but felt the TV itself was a bit boring and 'boxy' - but that's just opinion!

Carrie