Which 28" Wide Screen TV under £800

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by tnathan, Dec 30, 2001.

1. tnathan

tnathan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking of the Hitachi C28WF535N or Toshiba 28Z07B. I have seen the Toshiba but not the Hitachi. Has anyone compared the two? I have not seen any reviews for the Hitachi but the Toshiba is a best buy from What Video & TV.

What model or alternative would other members suggest. Thank you in advance for your assitance.

2. JimJammy

JimJammy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my hitachi from the following site - And for £550! £200 less than in the shops. Delivery was £20, by TNT - Was told a date and moring or afternoon.

www.electronics-plc.com

Also saw it on www.empiredirect.co.uk but it was slightly more and a special order item.

Hope this helps.

3. tnathan

tnathan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jim,

This site seems to have very low prices do you know if they are reputable

4. JimJammy

JimJammy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought mine from them. When I called they checked if the tv I wanted was in stock, and told me the delivery day - Usually within 48 hours anyway. Sent by TNT - £20ish for delivery I think. We were phoned as it was going to be a day late and told that it would be a morning delivery the following day - Impressed that they could be bothered to call, unlike many other co's (It was about 3 weeks before Xmas). No problems with it yet so can't say about the after sales.

Hope this helps.