Which 28" TV?

T

Todda

My girlfriend is looking to buy a 28” widescreen television at a budget of £500. She has ordered a JVC 28X35 from Currys that is due to be delivered on Friday. Although the specs seem good, I am a bit skeptical about it because I can’t find any reviews or anyone else that sells the TV.

Has anyone heard anything about this model or seen it in use for any period of time? If this is not a good choice can anyone suggest a TV that is for a similar price? I have seen the Sony KV-28FX68 for sale for £450 but it is not in stock and the retailer could not give me a date for when it will be back in stock.

My other concern is that she only has a terrestrial signal. She has an old ON Digital box but the reception is very poor. Is terrestrial television only output with a 4:3 signal or does she need a digital box?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

I haven't got my list handy but I think that is a variation on the AV-28X25. That got pretty good reviews. Are you sure it's not an X37? That is the newer 100Hz set.

Analogue transmissions are indeed 4:3. Most films are now broadcast is pseudo 16:9 but this sacrifices vertical resolution. The TV does have Panoramic Scan which will intelligently stretch the picture but the only way to get true widescreen is Freeview, Satellite or Cable.

It is definitely the X35. The salesman in the shop said it was exactly the same as the X37 but with a different frame. I am not going to take that as gospel though.

I do not have a terrestrial signal myself but was pretty sure it was only 4:3. Thanks for the advice GaryB.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom