1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 28/32 inch to go for?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by cky, Aug 7, 2002.

1. cky

cky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I'm pretty new to AV equipment and need some help with choosing a widescreen TV.

I've got a budget of £700-800. I'm after a 28 inch but if within the budget I will may get a 32 inch. I'll be mainly watching DVD's and normal telestrial TV. Preferably I want something with surround sound and 100 Hz. However I'm not sure whether it's worth the extra for 100 Hz. Any advice on this?

I've been considering the Panasonic TX-28PL10 and Sony KV-28LS60 but not sure if they are any good. What would you experts out there recommend?? Also where would it be good to purchase? Many thanks

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this set and am delighted with it.

My review is here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37326

If you search for "kv28ls60" you'll find other comments from owners on the forum who also seem very happy with it :)

Try and check one out in a showroom and see what you think yourself - after all, you're the one who'll have to watch it every day ;)

3. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I'm very seriously considering buying a 32pl10 from empiredirect for £750 + shipping. We ordered one a few weeks back for my MIL, she's well chuffed with it, I've gone at it with dvds (r1 and r2), played about with it as much as i can and can only fault the unit in 1 area ... it seems to have slightly darker sides when viewing a solid blue background - i've looked (very) hard at it during normal playback and can't spot those areas at all ... on the blue they fade so i guess that for multicoloured (ie normal "video" viewing) its just unspottable. Picture is sharp, sounds is good for nicam, personally its a choice between the 32pl10 and toshiba 32zp18 (for space reasons) - i don't think i can live with paying £300 more (cheapest ive found) for the tosh and having the possibility of many more problems ... having listed it all out am fighting very hard against going home tonight with "you'll never guess what i did today dear" :D

Duncan