which 26 inch lcd?

M

mattg4321

ive been looking at the sharp LC-26GA5E and the samsung LE26R41BD but am unsure which to buy. if either of them! what is the general opinion on these 2 tvs?

...dunno mate but I am very happy with my Acer AL2671 for less than £600 ....although my one caveat is the distinct lack of contrast on some TV output. Great as a widescreen PC :) .... As you can probably tell I am in the "save some money now and wait for the tech to improve" crowd.

Hope this helps - probably not :rolleyes:

I'm taking my Sonix back becuase its faulty and the Acer is what I'll probably replace it with - does the Acer suffer from dark scenes being two dark as this is one thing that annoys me about the Sonix?

mattg4321 said:
ive been looking at the sharp LC-26GA5E and the samsung LE26R41BD but am unsure which to buy. if either of them! what is the general opinion on these 2 tvs?

Samsung looks good.

Awaiting feedback from those plucky enough to be one of the first UK owners.

Only concern I have is ability to process 50Hz progressive scan signals.

;)

BanziBarn said:
I'm taking my Sonix back becuase its faulty and the Acer is what I'll probably replace it with - does the Acer suffer from dark scenes being two dark as this is one thing that annoys me about the Sonix?

yup i am afraid it does :( ... but i am learning to live with it. I bought it also for use as a PC monitor for which it is quite good (as was the Sonix), but still lacking in contrast, enough to annoy me when last night i was playing a night-time mission in Silent Hunter III (great game btw :smashin: ) . Dont get me wrong it is a nice bit of kit, although i am unsure how much more would needed to be spent to resolve/improve the contrast issue.

Oh well, I suppose I can put up with it too. I found that going back to composite signal from RGB on my freeview box helped the dark scenes quite a lot on the sonix.

I think the fact that the Acer is HiDef ready (according to Trustedreviews), and its only £550 makes it a goer...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom