Which 24in (26in too big) LCD?

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking for a 24in TV for the Kitchen/Family area, I think a 26in is just a bit too big, there are 3 models that I am interested in but they are all missing something! The TV will be used for Freeview, PS3 (Movies/Games) and streaming etc.

Here is what I have found...

SONY Bravia KDL-24EX320 24" Full HD LED TV
FREEVIEW but no FREEVIEW HD, but its is FULL HD

PANASONIC VIERA TX-L24C3B 24" HD Ready LCD TV
*has FREEVIEW HD, but not FULL HD

PANASONIC VIERA TX-L24E3B 24" Full HD LED TV
FREEVIEW HD, and FULL HD, but a bit over budget

Anything else out there worth a look in, LG/Samsung?

Would like Freeview HD and FULL HD if possible! Unless someone can convince me its not needed at 24in.

Last edited:
You probably don't need Freeview HD (there are only 4 channels or something anyhow), nor indeed full HD on a 24"

Go to the shops and see which you prefer - the Sony will have the better SMART functions

No 24s from any other manufacturers as far as I am aware, you'd need to drop to a 22"

You probably don't need Freeview HD (there are only 4 channels or something anyhow), nor indeed full HD on a 24"

Go to the shops and see which you prefer - the Sony will have the better SMART functions

No 24s from any other manufacturers as far as I am aware, you'd need to drop to a 22"

OK, I like the Sony for all its add ons (Wifi - Internet TV), but I do have a
2nd PS3 to provide these functions + BluRay. With all these bits built in I do wonder about it possibly breaking, or going obsolete, but also handy if we move the TV elsewhere.

The Pannys are nice, but lack these features.

Matter of deciding - personally for a 2nd TV, I would go view, and then get the cheapest one I am happy with

Things like iplayer, facebook and youtube won't become obsolete and manufacturers do issue firmware updates, my Samsung updates every so often for sure

I went for the SONY Bravia KDL-24EX320. So far so good, Wifi etc works very well. My only gripe is that there are million and one options, so getting the picture right will be quite tricky, but in Cinema mode its looks pretty damn good, I just wish each picture setting wouldn't have sharpness set (high)!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom