Which 23" - 26" LCD TV Has The Best Sound Quality And Is Good For Connecting To A PC?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by ADTradeCo, Dec 29, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ADTradeCo

ADTradeCo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have looked around the shops for TVs with this but half the TVs arent connected up for sound and none are connected up to display a PC signal so this seems the best place to ask?

2. ADTradeCo

ADTradeCo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone answer or aren't there "ANY" tv's with good sound!?

3. PeteD64

PeteD64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    JVC LT-26DX7 has better sound than most LCDs & can handle 1360x768 res via VGA input.

4. ADTradeCo

ADTradeCo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks PeteD64 i'll check that one out.

Also are there any more I should have a look at?

5. badbob

badbob
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +318
    Sound quality on flat screens is always a compromise, our CRT RP had far better sound than any flatscreen any direct view CRT TV.

My Sharp 42" XD1 is ok but I doubt it'll fill living room with clear sound , but not a patch on the RP. I wouldn't put sound quality in the list of factors that sway you into a flatscreen TV. Personally I would prefer "monitors" without speakers.

6. ADTradeCo

ADTradeCo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is the RP? Also I am only using this for in a bedroom so I don't need cinema sound just somthing which is half decent.

7. badbob

badbob
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +318
    Rear Projection. They're quite big, as the bottom section houses CRT's and the lenses. Had 3" or 4" drivers so sound quality was excellent, for a TV.

Personally I would just buy a display, then look at a pair of sat-sub speakers. Kef Eggs (or better) will sound better than TV speakers

8. ADTradeCo

ADTradeCo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I prefer to have it all built into one thing as I don't have a lot of room and don't want wires trailing everywere.

9. badbob

badbob
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +318
    Do you live in a closet? Sat speakers are tiny, you won't have cables everywhere- just use tie wraps and push them behind the TV, you could just buy 2.1 speaker set so you won't have any trailing around the room.

Sound from TV's especially flatscreen is generally lousy- to the point I don't think they should be included, even our Toshiba 32" CRT TV Pro-Logic was poor compared to speakers around Kef Eggs/MA Radius 90.

It just depends on what you class as acceptable. My brother would happily rip out the speakers from his Samsung 32" LCD, they're that bad!:rotfl:

10. richardmu

richardmu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony 26" TV (KDL-26T3000) in my spare room and the sound is not too bad. However, I have connected a pair of Bose Companion 2 speakers (about £90) and they sound great together with the TV speakers for watching movies. A very compact solution.