1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 20-23" LCD under £600?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by meinbrain, Mar 23, 2005.

1. meinbrain

meinbrain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is this really possible?

I'd like to use it as a PC monitor and just watch DVDs. It'd probably have to be 16:9, have component/progressive scan for the DVD and VGA input.

The best I have found is the Philips 23PF8946 from RS for £550 but i believe this doesnt have component inputs at all

i've seen the threads for the 27" LCDs but they are too big! I only need one for uni halls.

cheers all!

:)

2. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    27" lcd too big? Try fitting in a 51" RPTV!

Seriously, I had a 28" CRT in my uni room years ago...that was too big but surely an LCD would fit fine...the 26" one from sainsbury's is supposedly small, the 27" from Toys 'R' Us is bulkier.

3. meinbrain

meinbrain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm thinking of whacking on my desk. u sure it'll be ok?!

cheers mate. 27" screen from less than 1 metre away when using my pc may not be good on the eyes!!

hehe

4. Xelon

Xelon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
  5. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    True enough...I'm thinking about getting one anyway to share as pc monitor and tv in the office, I'll just sit further back!

6. meinbrain

meinbrain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any ideas of the picture quality of that LG? the reviewer only gave it a 7/10 for picture quality, plus he doesnt say what he used either?

also, does anyone know what this panasonic is like?:

http://www.digitaldirectuk.com/products_moreinfo3/index.asp?product_id=4420

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/lcd-tv/tx22lx2q/index.htm

ok... so here's my dilema.

i have a sony WS crt tv at home KV-28FX68 100hz. this pic image in my opinion is brill when hooked upto a cambridge audio dvd 55 via RGB scart. however, now i am at uni, i cant bring it with me. i have some money saved up and i want to get a replacement for this crappy 21" tv i have with me. i am here for another 2.5 years and unlikely to ever bring my tv down.

i wanna get an LCD which has a good PQ, nothing else. I'd prefer to run my dvd player thru its component connections and get progressive scan. would it make much difference? ( i read that my dvd player shines even better in progressive scan). i also wanna run my xbox and pc thru it.

so which do i get?

1. the sonix 26" from sainsburys (if i can get 1) and get possibly even blinder when using it for the pc :D
    2. the LG2323T (not sure about pic quality but has components & everything else i need)
    3. the panasonic tx22lx2 (has no components but I know panasonic make excellent CRTs, pic wise, which i'm relatively happy about using rgb again from my dvd player)

must be great PQ!!

also, i read that PQ of a good LCD will never match the PQ of a good crt?

argh! this is driving me nuts! :lease:

7. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    I am getting a fantastic picture driving a Sonix 26" via prog scan component.
    And DVI is great too. But I am not sure I would want to use it as my main monitor, though that depends how close you sit.

8. meinbrain

meinbrain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    main tv monitor or pc monitor?

i could move 4-5 ft away when watching a dvd. pc-wise, i could still use my old tft...its just convenient to have everything hooked up to it!

9. meinbrain

meinbrain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0