1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 17" Widescreen for about £500?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by meg, Nov 21, 2004.

1. meg

meg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I did try the searching, but I can't find any posts which seem to answer this! I would really appreciate some help from the kind folks on here :)

I am looking for a 17" widescreen LCD for the kitchen, and am a little confused what to buy. I'm expecting to pay about £500, which I think should buy something pretty decent? I would be very grateful for some recommendations / comments etc - it's so hard to actually 'test-drive' these sets in the shops, as the signal quality of a shared aerial doesn't really live up to a nice RGB signal!

Thank you very much in advance.....

2. matty_doodle

matty_doodle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've ordered a Relisys 1720 (with teletext) I should have it by tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think about it as soon as I've got it up and running.

Matt

3. simonc999

simonc999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had one of these for about a year and been generally happy with it. Sure its not the best quality but for the money it is unbeatable.

Looks very stylish, has remote control albeit light and flimsy feeling but overall looks much much more expensive than the price. Only critisism would be the sound from it can be quiet from some sources but have hooked mine up through a Bose Wave radio on a media stand for better quality sound.

Hope this helps

Simon