Which 15" LCD TV should I go for?

jamesl01

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello

Can anyone recommend a decent 14-15" LCD TV? It's for use in the kitchen so will be wall mounted.

I have a budget of about £450. All the magazines seem to be reviewing the 22+" versions so I've no idea which 15" one to go for.

I've ran a normal coax cable from my sky box into the kitchen. Do LCD tv's have this traditional style tv input or will I have to convert the signal into a scart??

Any input greatly appreciated.

James

I have a Tosh VL33 15", its had average reviews, but with a RGB feed from a freeview box I think it looks spot on. I got it for £370.00 plus delivery.

I've got a Philips Matchline 15PF9925 LCD in the bedroom - it's 4:3 rather than widescreen but I run a SKY box via RGB scart into it and, whilst it's nowhere near as good as my Hitachi plasma, it gives, IMHO, a pretty good picture, certainly good enough for watching in the bedroom.

I think the RRP for it is £499 but I got it for £449 in House of Fraser so you can probably get it online for less.

HTH

John

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll go into Currys at the weekend to see both these screens in the flesh, before of course buying from elsewhere.

James

For a little more you could get the 17" JVC though I dont think much of the screen.

I've got a Kiss Coolview 3 in the kitchen, got it for £450 from PC World online, but this included a free logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. It's a 17inch widescreen and does a decent job. Has enough inputs, comes with a wall mount included and looks nice. Compared to similar priced screens in John Lewis I am very happy, especially as it is a widescreen 17 inch, not 15 inch 4:3.

Worth a look if you can find it anywhere, I really struggled although it may be more widely available now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom