Which 11.6" laptop

J

JamesG

Hi, have been waiting for months now for the new 11.6" acer timelinex 1830t to be available in the UK- already on sale in Europe and US. Have been unable to find out from suppliers if it will ever be sold in the UK and can not get a contact at Acer to ask
Anyone know if it is to be sold here anytime soon?

Started looking around for another 11.6" laptop. My wife will use it for work so a long battery life is needed, we want a light machine but with power hence looking for something with an i3, i5 or i7 rather than Atom processor.
Have now seen the Lenovo Idea Pad U160 product code M436JUK
Lenovo IdeaPad U160 Laptop - M436 Laptop Computer JUK - Dark Brown - Intel Core i3-330UM - M436JUK - Compare Prices and Buy at PriceGrabber
Appears to be only sold by Lenovo. Anyone seen a review or know anything about it in terms of quality or performance

So would appreciate some advice please, do I wait for the Acer (if it ever reaches the UK, should I go for the Lenovo or is there another good 11.6" machine we should be looking at
Many thanks
James

33 viewings but no replies
Anyone got info or views on this Lenovo 11.6" and/or the Acer launch date?
Thanks
James

33 viewings but no replies
Anyone got info or views on this Lenovo 11.6" and/or the Acer launch date?
Thanks
James

have patience, some threads can have over 100 views and no replies, that's just how it is, the lenovo seems fine but no, no idea when the Acer is due for UK release

btw, I had a look on saveonlaptops, there are some nice 11.6"-12.1" models but with core i3 they were 800 odd

Last edited:
i'm in the same boat as you mate, looking for a powerful laptop in this size category. Timeline looks nice. I've got friends and family in america that would buy and post for me, and works out around £450 so not bad at all. I'm also looking at the lenovo U260 which is due out anyday now!

i'm in the same boat as you mate, looking for a powerful laptop in this size category. Timeline looks nice. I've got friends and family in america that would buy and post for me, and works out around £450 so not bad at all. I'm also looking at the lenovo U260 which is due out anyday now!

with getting it from America, you will have to factor in sales tax that is only added at the point of purchase (it's not included in the headline price), the fact the warranty may not be global and also customs may have a bill for you

with getting it from America, you will have to factor in sales tax that is only added at the point of purchase (it's not included in the headline price), the fact the warranty may not be global and also customs may have a bill for you

Yeah thats true mate but i think there was a rebate which would cover any tax probably. However yes if it warrenty wasn't global that would be an issue. Getting from the US would be a last resort. At £450 for a 12" i7 thats a total steal. Wouldn't get anywhere near those specs for that price here.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom